Question about Deposit

atabs12

Hello,

Sorry if this is a silly question. I am  new to Norwegian and did a Group Cruise Booking through TA. The required deposit was $250. I paid $500. On my confirmation under payment schedule it has 2nd deposit listed due in July of $250. 

TA said to ignore that and just make final payment later in the year. Just confused by this. Anyone know why there is a second deposit listed? 
TIA

3 hours ago, atabs12 said:

Hello,

Sorry if this is a silly question. I am  new to Norwegian and did a Group Cruise Booking through TA. The required deposit was $250. I paid $500. On my confirmation under payment schedule it has 2nd deposit listed due in July of $250. 

TA said to ignore that and just make final payment later in the year. Just confused by this. Anyone know why there is a second deposit listed? 
TIA

I have no idea why, but I'd have it corrected asap.

• Like 1

Do you have a MyNCL account?  If so, you can pull up your reservation and check the payment schedule.  I definitely wouldn't risk letting that date go by without getting it straightened out.  I've never used a TA, so I'm assuming you can pull up your reservation online

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

Do you have a MyNCL account?  If so, you can pull up your reservation and check the payment schedule.  I definitely wouldn't risk letting that date go by without getting it straightened out.  I've never used a TA, so I'm assuming you can pull up your reservation online

I can pull up the reservation but I do not see the payment info or schedule. I will contact TA again for verification

55 minutes ago, atabs12 said:

I can pull up the reservation but I do not see the payment info or schedule. I will contact TA again for verification

If the TA cannot straighten it out, I'd cancel and rebook (directly or with another TA).  It just sounds like a simple thing to fix.  The reservation wouldn't show the payment...as that "belongs to the TA".

ETA...this is one of the many reasons I no longer use travel agents.  It's just so much easier dealing directly. (I know...no OBC etc.)

Edited by MsTabbyKats

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I know this response is a little late, but I just encountered this question myself. I thought I'd offer an answer. I am a TA and was confused by the line item. Since there is no initial deposit on a group reservation, the regular deposit is listed as a "second deposit." Two actual deposits are not required. If you pay the regular deposit, you are actually paying the "second deposit" on a group reservation.  Hope that makes sense. 

• Like 1