Galapagos excursions - difference between the 3 ships

cruisesurf99

Thanks for the great reviews posted in this forum.  The Flora seems like a wonderful ship.
I'm trying to decide which ship would be best and my main criteria are the excursions.
It looks like all three ships do two ports of call more or less every day so I wonder if there's no difference at all between the 3 cruises when it comes to excursions.
Are you able to spent more time ashore with the smaller ships?

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

The only difference would be the itinerary.

Personally, I'd go with one which includes North Seymour [I've been on Xpedition when it carried 96 passengers].

Elizabeth Bay is also amazing.

I'll second North Seymour and Elizabeth Bay.  On Flora, this would be the Inner Loop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm booked on the Xpedition Southern Loop which includes North Seymour.  It looks like they offer 3 options for excursions there: a long walk, a zodiac ride with a short walk, or a scenic zodiac tour along the coast.  Which would be the best for seeing lots of wildlife?

Personally, I don’t think it matters. We were on the Expedition in 2017, I think at that time, our cruise  was called the inner loop..there have been multiple nomenclature changes for the various  loops.  Our cruise director,  Monica (still on board!) told us the major difference was one saw the red footed boobies and the other the lava tubes..

Seriously, choose whatever fits your life at this point. The experience is spectacular and not to be missed! Crew is amazing and this is truly a bucket list trip.