Question for the AVID cruiser...

When we booked our cruise we paid the total amount in full at the time. I was wondering how it works if the price of my room becomes cheaper can i get a discount even though i am paid up? Thanks

!

If you are talking about your upcoming April 23rd cruise, you are now within the penalty phase, meaning if you cancel, for any reason including to rebook at a lower price, you will be penalized, at least 25%. So unless your rate drops more than that, which is highly unlikely, you will not be able to cancel and rebook and save money. Prior to the penalty phase, which is about 70 days prior to the cruise for a 7-nighter, you can cancel and rebook at any time, as often as you'd like. That said, it doesn't hurt to call and ask. Some people, myself included, have gotten refunded $$ in the form of onboard credit or an upgrade while in the penalty phase. But you are at their will. Just don't be surprised if they say no.

Kujobie - I don't think she's talking about cancelling and rebooking.

Big D - If you see a lower price, call your booking agent. (Don't call Carnival unless you booked with them, because they won't 'interfere' with an outside booking.

Even after you have paid in full, you can sometimes get a shipboard credit. Get your agent to go to bat for you. It's happened to me a few times, but I book through a Carnival PVP. Those credits are nice to have.:) Call and see what your agent can do for you.

And - I've noticed this in your other posts as well as this one.......Could you please make your http line smaller? It's running off the page, making it necessary to scroll across. Thx. :D

I must be picking the wrong cruises...because ours always seem to go UP the closer we get to sailing. : ) But then, we get the Interline rates so maybe it is because we get such a good deal to begin with (or I may just have a nack for picking the most popular cruises) Ain't that a shame!!

I booked a cruise with a group a couple of years back, and my DH and I paid in full, all the others paid just the deposit. Well when it came to for the rest of the group to pay the final payment the amount had in fact dropped, no problem for any of us, the rest of teh group got the lower rate and I got a refund to my credit card because we had paid by CC. We were all presently surprised. There was a single guy with us and he even managed to move up to our deck and only had to pay an extra $100.00. So yes I think you can.

I must be picking the wrong cruises...because ours always seem to go UP the closer we get to sailing. : ) But then, we get the Interline rates so maybe it is because we get such a good deal to begin with (or I may just have a nack for picking the most popular cruises) Ain't that a shame!!

You're not alone. We booked a specific 8c at an 8a rate. Now the price (with past cruiser's discounts) we paid is what they're charging for a 6a!

Archived