Denali 3 day land 1st then cruise testing question

grammi

Departing Aug 13th for Fairbanks, land tour starts Aug 16th and cruise starts Aug 22nd on the N. Amsterdam. 

Are we still required to test within 3 days of the land tour and then again 3 days prior to the cruise. 

I keep thinking our trip is going to be cancelled again for the 3rd time so haven’t been taking it seriously but I guess it’s time to start. 

Edited by grammi
Sp correction

I am doing a later tour/cruise and plan to be tested in Anchorage, since we fly in a few days before the HAL tour starts. My HAL doc states I need a negative test within a certain number of hours of joining the tour. 

I am hoping the hotel can help us find the closest/most reliable one;  the good hotels should be prepared to help their guests fulfill this requirement. I did a Google search for test sites and at least 10 came up. I expect Fairbanks would have a few. 

I will probably ask for recommendations on the Alaska forum when I get closer to my trip. 

We did triple Denali before our cruise on Noordam in June. We did not have to test before the land part (but we had). Once we got to Denali they had papers for us with a QR code to sign up for a time in the main lodge to test. When my son and I went (with an appt time) there was a line but it took us maybe 15 minutes. When my husband went the following day he walked right in. It is an area sectioned off with curtains, they give you the swab, watch you, then you put it in the little vial thing. They email you results, check your spam folder, a lot of us had our emails go to spam.