Back on a river

pacmom

so excited, we are booked on a charter on Amaprima. It is the America Wine Society trip, Nuremberg to Luxembourg in April next year.  Just finished 2 ocean ruises and can't wait to be on a river cruise again.

This vinter on this cruise is Barbara Frank. About 45 years ago, DH and I were on  trip to the Finger Lakes region of NY. We stopped to see Dr. Konstantin Frank who had just started a winery.  What a treat to be with one of his descendants on a river cruise. This will be4 our 5th AMA cruise.  Pat

• Like 8

• 6 months later...
On 7/17/2022 at 10:36 AM, pacmom said:

so excited, we are booked on a charter on Amaprima. It is the America Wine Society trip, Nuremberg to Luxembourg in April next year.  Just finished 2 ocean ruises and can't wait to be on a river cruise again.

This vinter on this cruise is Barbara Frank. About 45 years ago, DH and I were on  trip to the Finger Lakes region of NY. We stopped to see Dr. Konstantin Frank who had just started a winery.  What a treat to be with one of his descendants on a river cruise. This will be4 our 5th AMA cruise.  Pat

Hi, Pat!   I'm on that cruise as well!

Enjoy!

I'm a member of AWS and a fan of river cruising, but I've not been on their trips. The first one I seriously looked at seemed weird to travel though Europe's Wine Land and taste US wines led by a US winemaker/owner.

I'd be grateful if you'd report back.

BTW - are you going the St Louis Conference  this year?

• Like 1

I've done two other cruises with Paul Wagner.   I never get tired of listening to him talk on wine (he's also written four non-wine related mystery novels).    The first was the 2019 Rhone River AWS cruise.   We completely filled the AmaCello except for three staterooms but we immediately coopted the occupants of those into our events.     The next one was a non-AWS cruise with Paul in NZ on Azamara Journey.

I've not missed an AWS convention in years.     I don't really have the option now, I'm one of the board members.   So, yes, I'll be in St. Louis and in Winston-Salem after that (which is hard for me to miss as well as I live only an hour away).

Edited by flyingron
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/25/2023 at 1:15 PM, pontac said:

Thanks for revealing where to 2024 conference will be.

No problem, it's not a real secret but we like to make a big show of announcing the next one at the current one, but we really have to start booking things two years out.   After Winson-Salem we don't know yet.    We're always open to suggestions.    We've got some ideas but nothing firm.