Extra Day in Port Question

CupKayke

Hello!  We are new to NCL and my roll call is dead... also, I'm trying to book flights to and from South America just shy of eight months in advance and I have a question for anyone who might know the answer...   Our final destination on our cruise is Rio.  We arrive in Rio on Saturday March 18th in the early morning.  The cruise does not "end" technically until Sunday Morning March 19th.   So...  is it okay or possible to leave the ship Saturday night to catch a late/overnight flight back to the states?   I'm assuming this is no big deal but honestly, I've never done this before and I don't know the answer.  I could call and bother NCL but there is Cruise Critic....   

Thanks for any answers!  - Kay

Just now, hallux said:

The biggest question revolves around immigration agents being available on Saturday to properly process you into the country so you can then process out of the country at the airport.

This is exactly correct...especially given that your cruise starts/ends in different countries. You will need to be processed by immigration, and that may not be able to happen on Saturday.