QM2 First timer - a few questions...

buchanan101

First ever "cruise" (crossing) coming up in October. Am rather more excited than my OH, though she likes the sound of the RSC and gospel choir. I think it's the thought of not being able to get off (not that you'd want to, but...)

• What time typically is Queens Grill embarkation (probably staying night before on Isle of Wight)? Does The QM2 always sail from the Ocean Cruise Terminal near Red Funnel facility (have seen it there on a recent IoW visit)
  • Are the wine packages worth getting? I know we can get a couple of bottles in our fridge, and this is restocked (got the email saying we can take one bottle on board... do they really check?!). I guess we have to use the on board spending allowance for something
  • Assume as coffee available in cabin, and in the Queens Grill lounge(?) that a coffee package isn't really that necessary (unless we wanted flat whites etc...will avoid those, need to economise on calorie intake somewhere)
  • Among minor details I note that QM2 now has a new wifi set up - not cheap, but should be better than the previous set up. Can a couple use the same package?

Hi, I think from memory, embarkation  time maybe noonish but can start earlier in our experience.

According to the Cruise Ship Schedule in mid October the QM2 will depart from 106 berth which is the Mayflower terminal. Two P&O ships are using 46 and 38/9 berths, 46 is the  Ocean terminal. Of course this can change, but if you are booking car parking with CPS, their website will confirm which terminal. 

We take wine on board with us and have never been checked, their onboard wine. is quite pricey…unless you have a generous OBC. 🥂

The grills lounge, when the bar is open, serves complimentary coffee, and you can have a lovely afternoon tea there also. 
HTH

Have a great trip. 

1 hour ago, Petulia said:

Hi, I think from memory, embarkation  time maybe noonish but can start earlier in our experience.

According to the Cruise Ship Schedule in mid October the QM2 will depart from 106 berth which is the Mayflower terminal. Two P&O ships are using 46 and 38/9 berths, 46 is the  Ocean terminal. Of course this can change, but if you are booking car parking with CPS, their website will confirm which terminal. 

We take wine on board with us and have never been checked, their onboard wine. is quite pricey…unless you have a generous OBC. 🥂

The grills lounge, when the bar is open, serves complimentary coffee, and you can have a lovely afternoon tea there also. 
HTH

Have a great trip. 

Ok, Mayflower 106 is not a walk from Red Funnel whereas Ocean Terminal may just have been... 

We will probably get wine as part of our 2 bottle top up...OBC is only $460 for the pair (and $100 of that was as a shareholder) May get one of the packages for meal times

Thanks...just hope Covid is not back with a bang

• Like 1