Most Silver Endeavor Passengers Will be Happy But ….

Manfromcasablanca

19 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

My latest Voyage Confirmation now lists me as having a Guaranty for a Classic Veranda Suite, which is the lowest level of suites on the Endeavor.  When I signed up, I reserved an Explorer Suite on the Explorer, which was the second from the bottom.

So in other words, I've been demoted from 2nd from the bottom on the old to the bottom on the new ship.  I should have just paid for the lowest level on the Explorer since I wound up on the lowest level on the Endeavor.

My TA is looking into it.

I agree with @turtlemichael.   I thought being moved from a window view cabin to a verandah was an upgrade?  I wouldn't be arguing!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

My latest Voyage Confirmation now lists me as having a Guaranty for a Classic Veranda Suite, which is the lowest level of suites on the Endeavor.  When I signed up, I reserved an Explorer Suite on the Explorer, which was the second from the bottom.

So in other words, I've been demoted from 2nd from the bottom on the old to the bottom on the new ship.  I should have just paid for the lowest level on the Explorer since I wound up on the lowest level on the Endeavor.

My TA is looking into it.

This is a completely bizarre "complaint".   An Explorer Suite on the Explorer would have been at the front on deck 4, quite small and with a reasonable window.  Now you have a much bigger suite with a balcony, what is there to complain about?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndieSF said:

I understand @Rothko1's scenario - many of us are in the same situation.  It is not about what you get, but rather how much more you paid to get the same as others.   

Exactly.   Don't get me wrong, I am delighted to be upgraded to a veranda suite on the Endeavor, and that is exactly why I booked on the Explorer when I did.  But I could have booked the lowest tier cabin on the Explorer and saved several thousand dollars, since I am being placed into the lowest level cabin on the Endeavor.

1 hour ago, Rothko1 said:

Exactly.   Don't get me wrong, I am delighted to be upgraded to a veranda suite on the Endeavor, and that is exactly why I booked on the Explorer when I did.  But I could have booked the lowest tier cabin on the Explorer and saved several thousand dollars, since I am being placed into the lowest level cabin on the Endeavor.

So the real complaint is that someone else might be getting a better deal than you even though the deal you have is much better than the one you paid for?  This, in circumstances where it is impossible that everyone be treated comparatively the same because the two ships are so different? I believe your complaint has absolutely no merit. I know what I would be telling you if I had to make a decision about your complaint.

• Like 2

It is not about others getting a better deal (still happy for those scenarios)

It is about you could've paid a lot less for what you get.  We are not talking about just few hundred dollars. In our case, it was several thousands.

Edited by AndieSF
typo

True - but if the company values their customers, it may be also important for the company to show some acknowledgement and considerations.  

@Rothko1 I am not sure about your situation.  For us, because we were flexible with our travel dates,  we changed to another cruise (same itinerary, just a week difference) to cash out the difference.  

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the lowest priced suite on the Explorer before they changed the website to indicate Endeavour because The Endeavour is all verandah suites anyway, and besides, having a verandah is not that big of a requirement for Antarctica especially if you have to pay much more,  since you will most likely not spend much time out in your verandah because of the extreme temperature, you will have to be all wrapped up for warmth, so you might as well go out to the public decks to get views from multiple angles instead of the limited view from the verandah of your suite if you have to be fully wrapped up.