Beach to Visit in Costa Maya

wavechaser

On 8/11/2022 at 12:31 PM, CascaisCruiser said:

We were at YaYa Beach 2 days ago.  They offer a couple of different packages (chair/umbrella only, chair/umbrella/drinks, or chair/umbrella/drinks/food).  We got the drink package and ordered food ala carte (the ceviche was fantastic!).  They  offer massages, which a lot of people were doing while we were there.    

They have a net that catches the sea grass so I didn't see any in the beach area.  The water area is very shallow.  There isn't a whole lot to do but it's a nice place with great service if you are looking to relax.

There were a lot of vendors that came by but not at all pushy.  

There were 2 ships in port the day we were there and it was full.  I would recommend making reservations in advance, although you don't pay until you get there.  They are also open a bit later than some of the other places, which is nice if you have later port times like we did.  

It was about a 10 minute cab ride and was $4/per person each way.

Just looked at their website.  YaYa Beach looks like a promising option for us.  We have one of those late Costa Maya port times of 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. and I have been stressing over where we could actually go that doesn't shut down a few hours after we would arrive.

On 8/31/2022 at 12:53 PM, MississippiMom said:

Just looked at their website.  YaYa Beach looks like a promising option for us.  We have one of those late Costa Maya port times of 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. and I have been stressing over where we could actually go that doesn't shut down a few hours after we would arrive.

I think we are going to try there too.

Just remember if the place you are at shuts at 5 there are other places open for dinner for people staying in hotels if you want to stay on for a drink or dinner. Easy enough to walk from one place to another along the malecon.

we have been in port until 7 but I have no idea how many taxis stay after 5.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Thanks 1