Carnival Vista regular balcony cabins, deck 6 aft (above Havana cabanas)

We booked a cruise for late-2023 on Carnival Vista out of Port Canaveral, yesterday.  Yay!  Got a great deal of OBC for some reason, so that's a nice reward too.

Anyway, normally we book balconies, and usually slightly off-beat ones: aft balconies, a forward facing on Mardi Gras, a cove on Breeze way up forward, or the "bowling alley" balconies near the rear end of Magic and similar layouts on other ships, I imagine.

For the first time, we could only find a "regular" balcony, and we decided to grab one on deck 6, in the aft area, above the Havana Cabanas that are found on deck 5.  On Horizon and Panorama these cabins are also designated as "Havana", but on Vista we shall be shunned from the Havana area and loiter with the hoi polloi in the main pools instead.  🙃

(We did look for Havana cabins of any type, but there was only the huge Havana suites left at well over triple the cost, so, no, we'll settle for a regular balcony...)

Anyway...normally we also book cabins that are "well isolated" deck-wise from the action, with at least one deck of cabins above and below (if possible).  Our cabin is going to be technically above (and below) other cabins, but also presumably some proximity to the noise form the Havana bar on deck 5 "across the hall and down one deck".  That isn't really a concern for us - we'll probably shut down that bar every night, knowing we have just one set of stairs and a short walk to the cabin!

Morning coffee will be interesting, since we'll also have some observable traffic, we assume, from our balcony down to deck 5.  Even though the Havana area is supposed to be exclusive for Havana guests, do early morning walkers traipse through there for a complete loop of that outside deck?  Or are they impeded by doors that need wristbands to open?

Anyway, curiosity made me want to find a review of our cabin, or one of the other balcony ones nearby (or exactly opposite port vs starboard), maybe answer some obvious questions.  Questions like:  How was it having an outside deck "right there" one deck below?  Could you hear the Cuban band from the Havana bar if you retired early to your cabin?  Does the Havana pool area make too much noise during the day, even with limited guests, to enjoy our balcony?  Could a European swallow carry a coconut and maintain the required airspeed velocity?

Nope.  Nothing.  Nada.  It's like no-one with a phone or video camera has ever stayed in those cabins.

Not even equivalent cabins on the other two sister ships.

Tons of reviews of the corner and aft Havana balcony cabins on that deck.  But nothing for the 643x through 645x balcony cabins.  How is it that with all the stuff posted on social media, no-one has posted any kind of useful review of these cabins?  Are they that "boring"?

So anyway...

Has anyone stayed in any of those cabins on Vista or a sister ship, and how was it?  We're not gonna change cabins (unless someone comes back with a real zinger of a reason), just curious...

1 hour ago, cruizergal70 said:

You can see what the deck below looks like in this video: 

Thanks, but that just hinted at what the side balcony experience was like - the videographer needed to step through the partition onto the other balcony in their pair to show it fully.  That's what is frustrating!

EDIT: there are two other video reviews of 6459 that I found, and one shows briefly what the view is like down to the deck below.  I guess I'll just have to experience it myself!

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

We usually have a Havana cabana on Vista, so I'll try and answer some of your questions. There are gates that you have to badge through on either side of the cabana area on deck 5, so no through-traffic. We only ever see a couple outside our cabana patio on any given cruise, and we're out there a lot. The pool area is so wonderfully peaceful, I doubt seriously you'll ever hear anything unless you're unlucky enough to be on a cruise with some rowdy group having booked a bunch of the Havana staterooms. (I've read about that happening on rare occasions -- luckily have never experienced it!)

As far as the bar goes, even being right there on 5 we've never heard the band in our stateroom so I doubt you'd hear them one deck up. 

Can't help you with the swallow and the coconut thing. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, crazy4themouse said:

We usually have a Havana cabana on Vista, so I'll try and answer some of your questions. There are gates that you have to badge through on either side of the cabana area on deck 5, so no through-traffic. We only ever see a couple outside our cabana patio on any given cruise, and we're out there a lot. The pool area is so wonderfully peaceful, I doubt seriously you'll ever hear anything unless you're unlucky enough to be on a cruise with some rowdy group having booked a bunch of the Havana staterooms. (I've read about that happening on rare occasions -- luckily have never experienced it!)

As far as the bar goes, even being right there on 5 we've never heard the band in our stateroom so I doubt you'd hear them one deck up. 

Can't help you with the swallow and the coconut thing. 🙂

Thanks!  That's the kind of feedback I was looking for!

I did find a YT video for Vista cabin 6464, which did show a useful amount of what the outside deck below looked like (at night).  So that gives me some visual reference too.

• Like 1