Long Beach parking

Dwright826

10 hours ago, Dwright826 said:

Can anyone let me know how to go about this. This will be my first time parking at the port. 

Elaborate a little more.

Edited by skrufy

3 hours ago, skrufy said:

Elaborate a little more.

We'll be cruising out of long Beach and normally, we get a room the day before that offers free parking for the cruise. This time was a spur of the moment cruise and will not be getting a room the day before that offers free parking. So I've never parked at a port before a cruise. I was wondering if I needed to buy a parking pass before hand, or reserve a spot? I'm completely in the dark here lol. I honestly don't even know where the parking is in relation to the actual port terminal. Be one time stayed in Long Beach at the Hyatt centric and they have a parking structure there that cost like $12 a day or something like that. That's the extent of my knowledge for parking in the area

3 hours ago, Dwright826 said:

We'll be cruising out of long Beach and normally, we get a room the day before that offers free parking for the cruise. This time was a spur of the moment cruise and will not be getting a room the day before that offers free parking. So I've never parked at a port before a cruise. I was wondering if I needed to buy a parking pass before hand, or reserve a spot? I'm completely in the dark here lol. I honestly don't even know where the parking is in relation to the actual port terminal. Be one time stayed in Long Beach at the Hyatt centric and they have a parking structure there that cost like $12 a day or something like that. That's the extent of my knowledge for parking in the area

The port website shows $23.00 a day parking, with no options to purchase on line. It's easy to get to the port, head south on Pico Ave, stay to your left on South Pico, follow signs to the port.  The port garage is next to the terminal, with covered and open parking spots.  My opinion as if it matters, I find the terminal area to be packed into a small area. Hope this helps a little.

5F6073D5-70C5-44D9-B180-5491D306D17C.jpeg

788AB7C0-2012-4303-80EC-2B97B15ED900.jpeg

Edited by skrufy
Addition

Let me give you one other tip if you are arriving from the north via I-710 as many will.  Carefully follow the directions directly toward the Queen Mary.  It is very well marked on the signage along the way while the CCL cruise port is a lacking. As you complete your journey, you'll pass through a toll booth looking structure where Queen Mary parking will be on the left side and cruise ship parking on the right. This may be where folks pay their parking for QM but as I recall cruise parkers actually get their entry ticket as they enter the parking garage pictured above.