Has Royal Princess been rerouted today?

Alaska0799

Bridge cam description indicates the Royal is bound for Victoria (should have docked in Ketchikan within the last hour). CruiseMapper site shows current position cruising south along the west side of Vancouver Island. Has anyone heard any related reports today?

I was going to ask the same question as we are doing the southbound route on the Majestic Princess in few weeks so I was tracking the position of both and Majestic and Royal as they flip flop north/south on their one way route.

Typically a south bound one way sailing out of Whittier does not stop at Victoria but the Royal is heading that way at 22 knots so she's in a hurry to get there.

For some reason, Royal Princess has been stopping in Victoria for most of her southbound trips this season.  She was here on May 27, June 10,  and June 24. However, based on the port schedule for Victoria, it looks like tomorrow (July 22) is the Royal's last call in Victoria until the repositioning cruise later in September.

15 minutes ago, westcoaster said:

For some reason, Royal Princess has been stopping in Victoria for most of her southbound trips this season.  She was here on May 27, June 10,  and June 24. However, based on the port schedule for Victoria, it looks like tomorrow (July 22) is the Royal's last call in Victoria until the repositioning cruise later in September.

She was scheduled to call in Victoria on June 10 but due to a temporary engine exhaust leak problem coming out of Juneau along with some rough seas for a bit, she had to slow down and missed Victoria going directly to Vancouver ...

1 hour ago, westcoaster said:

Great information, thank you! We have family on the July 23 departure of the 14-day itinerary, which doesn’t show Victoria. Now I understand there is no contradiction to be resolved!

2 hours ago, westcoaster said:

I am on the Royal to Alaska Sept. 17th and on Sept. 23rd I am scheduled to stop in Victoria then to Vancouver., so maybe this cruise will be the last stop in Victoria.  I live in Victoria and wish I could disembark there, answer so far is NO.

Marlster

1 hour ago, Marlster said:

I am on the Royal to Alaska Sept. 17th and on Sept. 23rd I am scheduled to stop in Victoria then to Vancouver., so maybe this cruise will be the last stop in Victoria. 

Thanks for the clarification.  All the Royal's other Victoria calls this year, on the southbound Whittier to Vancouver cruises, were scheduled for a noon arrival.  When I saw that the Sept 23rd call at Victoria had a 7 pm arrival, I assumed it was a repositioning cruise.  I see now that it's a 7-day round-trip from Vancouver, hence the different arrival time compared with the southbound cruises.

8 hours ago, Marlster said:

I am on the Royal to Alaska Sept. 17th and on Sept. 23rd I am scheduled to stop in Victoria then to Vancouver., so maybe this cruise will be the last stop in Victoria.  I live in Victoria and wish I could disembark there, answer so far is NO.

Marlster

Your cruise sounds like a 7 day round trip at the end of the season as opposed to the 7 day north then 7 day south itineraries that Royal Princess has been doing since May 14.