Naples On Your Own

ridgerunner51

34 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

What kinds of things interest you?  Naples has a bit of everything.

I have limited mobility and I am not certain what I would be interested in.  Suggestions are greatly appreciated.  I did think about the ferry to Capri.  My husband plans to go to Pompeii on our first port stop there.

Edited by ridgerunner51
Additional information

I think I would pick one or two things of interest in Naples, then use either public transit or taxis to get there and back to save your energy.

Naples has two "grand" museums, the Archaeology museum and Capodimonte art museum.  There are a couple of dozen smaller museums as well, including the Cappella Sansevero, where you find the amazing Veiled Christ:  Museo Cappella Sansevero - Museo Cappella Sansevero (museosansevero.it)

My personal favorite museum in Naples is the Certosa di San Martino, up on the hill overlooking the port.  It's relatively small so it can be seen in a couple of hours.  Part of the reason I like it so much is the eclectic collection, everything from paintings to ships and carriages as well as an amazing group of presipi, the nativity scenes that Naples is famous for. 

Another favorite spot for me is the cloisters at Santa Chiara, an oasis of peace and quiet in the middle of the city.  English - Chiostro di Santa Chiara (monasterodisantachiara.it)

Edited by euro cruiser

23 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

I think I would pick one or two things of interest in Naples, then use either public transit or taxis to get there and back to save your energy.

Naples has two "grand" museums, the Archaeology museum and Capodimonte art museum.  There are a couple of dozen smaller museums as well, including the Cappella Sansevero, where you find the amazing Veiled Christ:  Museo Cappella Sansevero - Museo Cappella Sansevero (museosansevero.it)

My personal favorite museum in Naples is the Certosa di San Martino, up on the hill overlooking the port.  It's relatively small so it can be seen in a couple of hours.  Part of the reason I like it so much is the eclectic collection, everything from paintings to ships and carriages as well as an amazing group of presipi, the nativity scenes that Naples is famous for. 

Another favorite spot for me is the cloisters at Santa Chiara, an oasis of peace and quiet in the middle of the city.  English - Chiostro di Santa Chiara (monasterodisantachiara.it)

Thank you so much!