Southampton excursions

Hello Everyone,

Now that we are in port in Southampton for an extra night on the Splendor’s London to Copenhagen cruise (August 7th) can anyone tell me if we will have the opportunity for any excursions there?  We board on the 7th but we don’t sail till the 9th due to some technical upgrade.  There are no ports listed on the itinerary and I received our electronic boarding passes this morning.

Thank you.

So many possibilities.  

Our last at Southampton was aboard Explorer, 2019, at the end of the first segment of a B/t/B.  Ship docked at 0700H.  

Regent had arranged a 4.0 hr. day-trip for those staying on.  This was Winchester Town and Cathedral.  Highly recommend it, if offered.  Wonderful, cheerful Guide.  Weather cooperated. 

If you have not already been there and done that--hopefully a longer excursion to Stonehenge will be offered.  This Tour may, or may not include a side-trip to Salisbury Town and Cathedral.  The "or" would be a separate excursion to Salisbury. 

Have been fortunate to have visited all of the above, some twice.  For any repeat opportunity, would be Stonehenge.  

GOARMY!

We are on the same departure. We were very disappointed to get word of the itinerary change and cancellation of our first port. FWIW, though, I read the new schedule differently. It looks to me like we depart from Southampton on the morning of the 8th. So we overnight at the dock after we board but set off first thing the next morning. Probably not time for a Southampton excursion. Perhaps you read it differently or have more current info, though. 

We are on this cruise and will arrive at the ship on August 7, probably around noon from the hotel in London where we are staying one night pre-cruise. After hopefully getting into our cabin and having lunch, we could be ready to leave the ship by 2:30 to do some sightseeing in the immediate area of the port if there is anything to see close by. i doubt there is time to go much beyond the port area since most places will close by 4 or 5. Does anybody have any suggestions if they are familiar with Southampton?

We stayed in Southampton pre cruise several years ago…had a delightful time. We took a taxi for the day and he showed up us the area including Salisbury Cathedral and Stonehenge. Ate in some great pubs in the area. One was called Red Lion. Great atmosphere. 
sheila

• Like 1