AON travel insurance

jstrutton

1 hour ago, RJAM3 said:

It has now been over 90 days....AON is worthless..yes I did turn in every doc. asked for they just don't pay...at least in what I would consider a reasonable length of time..they do not respond to email and phoning is just a waste of time....we will get to it when we get to it..what an attitude

File a formal complaint with your State Insurance commissioner.

Help! My party of 3 had our trip interrupted by the death of our sister in March 2022.  We purchased the platinum insurance thru Princess (as we have many, many times).  I submitted the claim on Apr 8……still nowhere near a resolution or thought of a payment.  We disembarked in Lisbon, had to stay 2 nights in a hotel and purchase new one way tickets home to US.  I’ve heard all of their (Aon Affinity) sob stories about how busy they are due to Covid.   We are all in our 60’s and have cruised extensively (most thru Princess).  We’ve always paid for the ins. that our PCL agent recommended, never needed to use it until now.   My main concern is recouping some $ but I’d like to add that neither the ship nor our PCL agent were of no help whatsoever during this horrible time.  So sad I’ve always highly recommended them. 

• 1 month later...

Just an update for anyone.  We finally got back to the USA and I called AON yesterday. Got someone fairly quick on the phone. He said his name was Francis but he did say that it was a call center that he worked at.  My guess since he was definitely Indian accent. 

But, his response was that he said the standard company line that we have had extended claims and it is taking more time. I asked why it has been 3.5 months to respond at all.  I have only received several emails asking for patience.  His response was that he would forward to his management team. That is total BS.  I will be calling them daily now that we’re back and I have tons of free time.  Also I filed a complaint with the BBB, not sure what that will do but it can’t hurt.  

Also considering calling their US home office in New York just to hassle them some.  

Anyone else having any luck with these scammers.  I would highly recommend anyone to not ever use the carnival travel insurance. I can’t believe carnival is hanging their hat with these scammers,