Transportation SeaTac to Vancouver

Bucketlist22

3 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

what time and where does it leave from? 

Thanks

Our cruise is not until September 18, 2022.  Our understanding is it will leave from the airport but we do not get our boarding pass until around August 4th.  I am thinking the meeting time will be on the boarding pass.  I will try and remember to come back and let you know how it works.

5 minutes ago, shipshapegirl said:

Our cruise is not until September 18, 2022.  Our understanding is it will leave from the airport but we do not get our boarding pass until around August 4th.  I am thinking the meeting time will be on the boarding pass.  I will try and remember to come back and let you know how it works.

Thanks 

We received our boarding passes a little earlier than August 4th.  Here is a copy of how it says the process will work for the transfer from Seattle to Vancouver on September 18, 2022.

Sun Sep 18 SEATTLE Upon arrival at the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport on the day of sailing, collect your luggage and follow the signs to the Cruise Bus Lobby located on the First Floor of the Parking Garage via the Orange Elevators and check in with a Bus Transfer Rep. You must check in with a Bus transfer rep between 8am - 10am. Guests who do not check-in with a rep by 10AM will risk missing the transfer and will be on their own to get to Vancouver. The transfer will depart as soon as all guests are accounted for but no later than 10:30AM. Travel time is about 4 hours, subject to traffic conditions and Canadian border crossing. If unable to locate a representative, please have one paged or call 1-206-2329 /p> **IMPORTANT** Upon arrival, check in with a representative at the airport no later than 10:00 am for your transfer to Vancouver. The final coach departs promptly at 11:00 am. **PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS** The Department of Homeland Security requires you to carry a passport or other WHTI-approved document. Please have either your passport or other WHTI-approved document ready for Canadian Immigration and Customs officials. View the following website if you have any questions about crossing the Canadian border: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/noncan-eng.html. Sun Sep 18 VANCOUVER, B.C., CA 4

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coquitlam Cruiser said:

As a reminder please also complete the Arrive Can app for CBSA.   

Thank you.  I have been looking at Arrive Can and I do not know what to put for Port of Entry.  Does anyone know where the land crossing into Canada will be?  I thought Holland America would tell us that on our transfer instructions but they did not.

17 hours ago, shipshapegirl said:

Thank you so much!  You have answered a question my travel agent could not find.  

Just to confirm if travelling by bus, the border crossing is Pacific Highway, Surrey, BC.  Peace Arch border crossing is strictly for passenger (cars) vehicles no buses or commercial vehicles allowed.  I worked at the border for a number of years

• Like 1

We were flying into Seattle the day before our cruise and traveling via one of the bus lines to Vancouver the morning of the cruise. That turned out to be best in our budget and time constraints. We had read that Amtrak was resuming service by the time we take our cruise but as yet, I have not seen a concrete schedule for the trains. Does HAL have a bus service? That might work better than a commercial bus.

2 hours ago, Coquitlam Cruiser said:

Just to confirm if travelling by bus, the border crossing is Pacific Highway, Surrey, BC.  Peace Arch border crossing is strictly for passenger (cars) vehicles no buses or commercial vehicles allowed.  I worked at the border for a number of years

Thank you.  I think we would definitely be on a bus with the Holland America transfer.

1 hour ago, Troubador222 said:

We were flying into Seattle the day before our cruise and traveling via one of the bus lines to Vancouver the morning of the cruise. That turned out to be best in our budget and time constraints. We had read that Amtrak was resuming service by the time we take our cruise but as yet, I have not seen a concrete schedule for the trains. Does HAL have a bus service? That might work better than a commercial bus.

Yes.  $79 per person each way.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shipshapegirl said:

Yes.  $79 per person each way.  

Thank you, I will look into it. We did not book transportation through HAL. Hopefully that won't make a difference. It's usually a quick trip up I5 to the border from the Seattle area. I've made the drive up to Blaine at the border many times delivering freight in a truck. It's usually smooth sailing unless there is an accident. 

• Like 1