Good luck Zoran....

Danno

Our very fine server Zoran, part of the exceptional table 614 tandam of Zoran and Tiger, has one more cruise to work after the one sailing now, on Century. Then he returns to Masadonia and tells us he will ask his girlfriend to marry him...good luck my friend!! He hopes to open a restaurant at home and return there for good...dreams :D .

I bring this up (hope Zoran is ok with this) to illustrate how these hard working people have hopes and aspirations much like our own...and many more challenges than us the privilaged few.

I does irk me, when looking at the empty table on tip night, that these enormously rude people can't see beyond their own gluttony and greed, to reward a hard working employee with a well deserved gratuity...riff raff.

Good luck Zoran, and all the hard working crew...pursue your dreams and don't let the actions of a few losers deter you. You have your pride, they have their money, you win by a mile.

an important reminder. The waitstaff works SO hard ... it's amazing and a little unsettling when you see that same person who took care of you and your dining-room "neighbors" (not to mention the "other seating") at night, running around the buffet zone helping people the next morning and/or afternoon, and you wonder, how DO they do it? On our first X cruise three years ago, we were lucky to experience true five-star experience from a Jamaican waiter named Hector, working our near-the-kitchen table on Century. Hector was no spring chicken; quiet, regal, but dealing with our then-6-year-old son brought out a few tales of his wife and children back home, and we thought, wow, even for the chance to get a bit ahead $-wise in an uncertain world, imagine not seeing your family for long stretches. These are all hard-working folks a long way from home and deserve every cent ... TR

Archived