Taino Bay with an Infant?

We're cruising in January with my son who will be 14 months old. I've been to most of the other ports that we're stopping at, but have never been to the Dominican Republic. He's so young that we can't go on any of the excursions and I also don't want to be locked into an 8-hour trip with a possibly grouchy baby. Is there anything near Taino Bay that anyone recommends? Is there a decent beach that's a quick walk/taxi ride so that if he gets unhappy, we could quickly get back to the ship? If not, I can stay on the ship while my husband and parents check it out. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 5:57 PM, Midwest_Traveler said:

We're cruising in January with my son who will be 14 months old. I've been to most of the other ports that we're stopping at, but have never been to the Dominican Republic. He's so young that we can't go on any of the excursions and I also don't want to be locked into an 8-hour trip with a possibly grouchy baby. Is there anything near Taino Bay that anyone recommends? Is there a decent beach that's a quick walk/taxi ride so that if he gets unhappy, we could quickly get back to the ship? If not, I can stay on the ship while my husband and parents check it out. Thanks!

I just started planning this port, but someone put a video on our group page and it looks like there is a pool and a little beach area right at the port. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N6-cHLxgx4

Also, I pulled up Google maps and it looks like there is a beach near the Ocean Center that looks kind of nice and doesn't seem that far away.  I have not been able to find any info on taxi available, cost, safety, or anything else.  You go a month before me, so if you learn anything, please post back.  I don't like being herded along like cattle, so I typically prefer doing our own thing rather than a ship tour, but I haven't been able to gather much info yet.