OnPoint Testing Pre-Cruise

Hey everyone. We sail in just over 2 weeks, so I need to figure out what we're doing for our pre-cruise testing.

Has anyone here successfully used OnPoint for a proctored home test to board a RC ship?

Also, if I am wanting to do a virtual test through them - is there any guarantee I'll get an appointment on the date/time I want? It seems to not show me appointment options until after you actually check out and pay for tests. I'm hesitant to pay for the tests until I know for sure we will be able to use them on the appropriate day!

Any insight? Thank you!

I'm using OnPoint for my Mariner cruise in two weeks. I was able to select a date and time for testing. I think I had it in my cart with my payment information? I think if you are using a credit card you can turn around and cancel if you don't see dates and times. There was tons of availability on the date I wanted. In fact, it does say you can change your mind and select another date/time (which I did) with no problem.

Edited by CruiszBug
Add more info.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

I'm using OnPoint for my Mariner cruise in two weeks. I was able to select a date and time for testing. I think I had it in my cart with my payment information? I think if you are using a credit card you can turn around and cancel if you don't see dates and times. There was tons of availability on the date I wanted. In fact, it does say you can change your mind and select another date/time (which I did) with no problem.

Thank you!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

I did this also for my sailing coming up on July 31st.  There were several openings, and yes, I changed my mind and re-scheduled to an earlier time.  I received an email with the new time, and a new name of the person that will be proctoring the test.

• Like 1

Please keep us posted on how everything goes, I would like to use them for our Sept Canada/NewEngland cruise. Is there any word on if  RCCL is going to stop the pre-cruise testing?

• Like 1

I used On Point for my July cruise out of Port Canaveral and had no issues. I booked the appointment a few days ahead of time and the calendar was wide open.  The appointment was easy and results were sent in about 15 minutes.

They actually sent two different results. One was on a webpage that had all the information and the other was a more formal pdf. The pdf was actually missing the CLIA number, so I used a print out of the website and didn't have an issue.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bren61 said:

Please keep us posted on how everything goes, I would like to use them for our Sept Canada/NewEngland cruise. Is there any word on if  RCCL is going to stop the pre-cruise testing?

Will do.  This is our "practice" cruise (July 31) or at least that was my justification for our July 31 Caribbean cruise from Port Canaveral (we drive) - to practice for our more complicated flight/2 day stay in NY for OUR September 15 Canada/New England cruise!  Are we cruising together?

Can those of you who used onpoint share how you rescheduled your appointment?  I see nothing in my account regarding the date/time I chose and nothing in my email.  I've been on hold forever with them and wondering what I am missing.  It says I purchased 3 appointments... but where are the times.  Why would I tell my family the date/time if I didn't actually book it?  Help.

There have been a lot of people on the boards that have successfully used them….

The biggest complaint I see is they are virtually impossible to reach by phone if you have a problem or need any help….

I Finally got through, of course, when I'm in the shower (an hour on hold) on speaker phone. ha! So, had to jump out real quick. They had my appointment in the system but for whatever reason I never got the link to finish the covid registration email, so they had to resend everything to me. So, make sure you have all the emails with the zoom information, etc. I am glad I double checked. I swear there is so much paperwork for a cruise that I can see how someone could easily overlook something if they were not doing their due diligence.

2 hours ago, Superflyisme said:

I Finally got through, of course, when I'm in the shower (an hour on hold) on speaker phone. ha! So, had to jump out real quick. They had my appointment in the system but for whatever reason I never got the link to finish the covid registration email, so they had to resend everything to me. So, make sure you have all the emails with the zoom information, etc. I am glad I double checked. I swear there is so much paperwork for a cruise that I can see how someone could easily overlook something if they were not doing their due diligence.

What zoom info? Can I do this on my Samsung tablet? Do you have to have a special app or something to do this?

The Zoom information will come in your email after you pick out your time and fill out the covid information for all parties attending the covid test.  It will have the link to click on to the "room" that you will be doing your telemed covid testing.  As long as you have a device (phone, pc, etc) that has the zoom application on it, it will work.  So, you will need to download zoom.  

Somehow, they had my reservation, but NOT the extra step that included everyone in my groups name/information.

9 hours ago, Superflyisme said:

The Zoom information will come in your email after you pick out your time and fill out the covid information for all parties attending the covid test.  It will have the link to click on to the "room" that you will be doing your telemed covid testing.  As long as you have a device (phone, pc, etc) that has the zoom application on it, it will work.  So, you will need to download zoom.  

Somehow, they had my reservation, but NOT the extra step that included everyone in my groups name/information.

Did they still do them all?  I see now they allow up to 4 people at once, when I made the appt I set it to 2 appts with 2 each.  Would be easier if I could do all 4 at once...let me know

For the poster that asked about Canada/New England my understanding is we must use arrivecan and testing/requirements are based on Canada not what RC nor the CDC require. I doubt that Canada will change before our late Oct. cruise but will just have to wait and see. Detail info in RC FAQ under travel docs. 

I have made an appt. with them for 2 of us in August.  They sent a link to register with a different site (covid19.health) that was asking for insurance info. I'm concerned about not only sending out my info, but possibly being charged or my insurance being charged. I also don't believe I entered my husbands info when I scheduled, but my email does say 2 tests. Hmmm.

We used them for 9 of 16 of my family who went on a cruise 2 weeks ago.  Very easy except when you don’t get emails with the Zoom info and need to contact them.  Had that happen on about half of the people.  First group we did 4 at a time, very easy, second group all 5 did theirs individually.  Worked great for our group.  Was quicker and cheaper than the in person testing we did through tent test at the hotel for the other 7 people in our group.

I’d use them again but the wait if you need help is very long.

1 hour ago, redfantum said:

I have made an appt. with them for 2 of us in August.  They sent a link to register with a different site (covid19.health) that was asking for insurance info. I'm concerned about not only sending out my info, but possibly being charged or my insurance being charged. I also don't believe I entered my husbands info when I scheduled, but my email does say 2 tests. Hmmm.

I did all this while on the phone with Onpoint and she said to click "client bill" as that's all a part of the service?  I was "told" we would not be billed anything because I said oh shoot, I don't have my insurance card on me and she said oh no, don't worry about that, just click client bill.  So I guess we will see.  Also, if you did not receive a separate email for your husband then you did not register him.  I received 3 emails for each one of us and that's where the results will be for each person.  She had me just input my own email/phone number so we don't have to go digging for eveyones information.

44 minutes ago, jessandtwo said:

We used them for 9 of 16 of my family who went on a cruise 2 weeks ago.  Very easy except when you don’t get emails with the Zoom info and need to contact them.  Had that happen on about half of the people.  First group we did 4 at a time, very easy, second group all 5 did theirs individually.  Worked great for our group.  Was quicker and cheaper than the in person testing we did through tent test at the hotel for the other 7 people in our group.

I’d use them again but the wait if you need help is very long.

Agree.  I was on hold for an hour and of course, once I jumped in the shower, a live person came online.  I did have her stay on the line for the entire process to make sure I received EVERYTHING in my email.  SO double check junk emails, too.

• Like 1

I bought the bundle package. one test, one proctor, and one letter. I bought two of them. I onlly recieved one box of test (yes there were two tests,) but if i had only purchased one bundle pack they would have sent the same box with two test. After being on hold for 40 minutes for the guy to find out about what I was supposed to recieve in the bundle I hung up. BUT, he called me back .  NO I would not recieve another box of tests. THe problem with this is the proctor needs to see you open the box and mine and my husband have proctors at different times.   His higher ups said NO they would not send me another test. So I just ordered another test, at my expense of course, just in case.  This was my second call. The first call was because I already paid for the proctor, but when I went to book my appt they told me I needed to pay.  WELL< a wonderful customer service agent named Audrey, helped me through it all. Except the number of tests.  she was adamant i got what I ordered.  So be it. She sent me links to a for whole way.  I so appreciate her.  But would I use onpoint again  NEVER>   Their initial hold and customer servie was horrible.  Just send me another test, that I ordered.  The two people I talked to were fabulous, though,   Now I am jusgt praying that the testing works out and we get our letters.  Royal should offer at port testing.   THe hold times were horrible with on point

I have used them 

They work fine except if something goes wrong it is virtually impossible to reach them.

They put wrong date and time for the test rendering this whole circus useless 

Their competition seems to get great feedback and will be using them goi g forward 

1 hour ago, cruisegal40 said:

Question.... has any one done a test run so you know what to do when you do your actual one for the cruise?  Just wondering.  We will be flying in 2 days early and would love to know what we are in for

our cruise set sail 8/10/22 did a rest run today.  when asked registration and order number I pulled up the emails on my iphone.  I used the free ihealth kits from the government.  Half hour later we were done.  half hour after that I had email and a text with results.

1 hour ago, Superflyisme said:

I did all this while on the phone with Onpoint and she said to click "client bill" as that's all a part of the service?  I was "told" we would not be billed anything because I said oh shoot, I don't have my insurance card on me and she said oh no, don't worry about that, just click client bill.  So I guess we will see.  Also, if you did not receive a separate email for your husband then you did not register him.  I received 3 emails for each one of us and that's where the results will be for each person.  She had me just input my own email/phone number so we don't have to go digging for eveyones information.

I received the appointment confirmation only for me.  I did register him on the covid19.health site and received that email.  I will try to give them a call early in the morning I suppose. I would have used emed but even though they say they are 24 /7, they were only offering times while we will be in the air.  If this doesn't work, I have a backup plan to get tested at an urgent care in Anchorage, AK.  I would love to have it out of the way before we fly out, though.