Actual Price Drop!

Jerseygich

Earlier today I was checking the price on our upcoming cruise in December to see if anything has changed. Do this every week or so. Low and behold, price dropped  by $79 a person (inside cabin) again. May not be a lot but since May our price has dropped by $498. All existing free at sea offers stayed the same. Final payment not due til next month. May not be a lot, but every dollar helps. You may want to check any booked cruises for prices. 

• Like 1

Absolutely! We booked our October cruise in March, and final payment was in late June. However, around Memorial Day, prices dropped quite a bit (and FAS was the same), so I called NCL, and the rep was super nice about it. She said it was easy enough to change because final payment hadn't passed yet. She also mentioned that I was eligible for a promotion where if I paid an extra $250 down, they would match it, meaning I got $250 for free. If for some reason we didn't cruise on this sailing, NCL would hold my $250 (and the $250 match) for two years as a FCC. Between the added promotion and the fare drop, we saved almost $900.

Prices have dropped pretty significantly since final payment, but that's life, I guess. We have upgrade bids in, but fares continue to get closer and closer to our upgrade bids, which means we can either pay to upgrade or simply decrease our bids. (Right now max bid is more than the cost to upgrade, so you really need to keep checking your bids vs the cost to upgrade.) We'll probably pay to upgrade and cancel our bids, meaning we ultimately do get to take advantage of the lower fares.

I am sailing on the Joy this sunday out of NYC .  I booked in february . Twice before final payment i had money taken off because of price drop . Then after i had paid in full about 

a month and a half ago i checked again . Called up and price dropped and got $900 

FCC .  Always keep checking !!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, you all are getting some great price drops. I had about $200 in drops for a base BF balcony. Final payment is next week, so I keep stalking some prime staterooms daily to see if someone cancels. If not, I'm hoping for a bidding opportunity because I have planned for paying a little more to bump up, and now with the price drops, I have more to play with.

My late Dec cruise has dropped significantly, over 1k -  but also dropped triple points. I'm already Sapphire so think I'll take the money!

I'm thinking after final payment credits will be pretty rare through the rest of 2022 with the change to 40% and the loss of the triple point promo.

• Like 1