Upgrade Bids Telling You Where You Stand?

rbxlady

4 hours ago, raitch said:

There we go! “Real time bidding” garners results.

I found this comment from the first thread really helpful:

So it seems like you might as well let your bid stand wherever you want to be because other bidders might back out, or other bidders might be given a different upgrade, or there is an algorithm that took your lower bid because your overall upgrade was more advantageous to NCL for various reasons.

In other words, don't let the perceived urgency get the better of you.

Edited to add: I wonder if they are doing this on cruises where not a lot of people are bidding and/or the people who are bidding aren't bidding very high.

Edited by rbxlady
stated

Yes, definitely a helpful comment!  I always try to remember that when doing Haven upgrades it’s a big pile of shuffled cards.  If 10 people can bid on 4 different levels of rooms, that’s 10 bids per room type but as soon as one person moves up their bids on the two rooms they didn’t get no longer apply.  So I guess in theory you could truly have a crappy low bid with people above you but they got shuffled into other rooms they had also bid on… thus your low bid is all that’s left.

i agree, don’t let the urgency nudge you into bidding higher than you are comfortable with!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ed342 said:

You may also want to keep checking your bids from time to time. Apparently, a new feature.

image.png.b525d0844a7f181dfbddddf2b1c3c4e9.png

When is your cruise that these bids apply to? I saw your screenshot on another post and checked mine, but mine don't show any discount for our October cruise. I didn't know if they did this if maybe your cruise was close.

2 hours ago, rbxlady said:

When is your cruise that these bids apply to? I saw your screenshot on another post and checked mine, but mine don't show any discount for our October cruise. I didn't know if they did this if maybe your cruise was close.

You won't see the discount (which is a lowered minimum bid amt) since you already have bids in. This is just a technique to entice non-bidders into the program.

• Thanks 1