NCL Christmas Cruise Activities

Dannirose

We were on the Bliss for the Mexican Riviera sailing over Christmas last year, and loved it. There were beautiful decorations throughout the ship, there was a special holiday performance in the theatre that involved guests' kids as well as a selection of the regular performers (sort of a Christmas concert), and Santa and his elves were in the Atrium on Christmas day. Plus a special Christmas menu in all the dining rooms / restaurants.

• Like 2

@OrcaGirlWe were on the same cruise and I second everything you said. There was such a festive atmosphere all over the ship. We loved the Christmas show in the theater - the talent and graphics were amazing & the music was wonderful! There was even a part where everyone sang along. @DanniroseYou'll have a fabulous time and have some great memories.

• Like 1

We were on the Gem on 12/26 out of NYC this last year and they had Christmas decorations up for the whole cruise. My favorite were the incredible gingerbread houses, but there were also many Christmas trees and garland, poinsettias, and other decorations all around the ship. Enjoy!

• Like 2

We boarded on 12/21 last year and the ship was completely & beautifully decorated. I especially loved the gingerbread village, which was easily 20 feet long. It was amazing! I've read on previous posts here that they start decorating the ship right after Thanksgiving.

Decorations go up the day after Thanksgiving, and come down New Years Day.   We've seen both ends of the season.

There were LOTS of families in matching PJs on either Christmas Eve or morning gathered in public spaces to open gifts. (Epic 2019)

We found the decorations to be tasteful and not overwhelming.  No religious iconography, but plenty of holly, garlands, red bows and ornaments.  The gingerbread house display is cute, but gets a little droopy toward the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sue Do-Over said:

There were LOTS of families in matching PJs on either Christmas Eve or morning gathered in public spaces to open gifts. (Epic 2019)

What a cute idea! I won't be subjecting the husband to that, but if we were traveling with kids I could totally see doing that.

In addition to what had been said they also have some arts and crafts with Christmas motif. I have been on several Christmas cruises including the Joy in 2019 and last year on the Epic back to back beginning the week before Christmas and the ship was already decorated and had the Christmas/ holidays activities.