Riviera or Marina?

oceanpark

Looking at two European cruises in April/May and would be happy with either itinerary.  This will be our first Oceania cruise and not sure which ship we would like better.  I believe Marina is going to be refurbishment next Fall, so maybe she would be looking a little tired. 

1 minute ago, oceanpark said:

Looking at two European cruises in April/May and would be happy with either itinerary.  This will be our first Oceania cruise and not sure which ship we would like better.  I believe Marina is going to be refurbishment next Fall, so maybe she would be looking a little tired. 

Same exact ship- twins in every way. Major difference (if any) would be the crew. Who is the GM and CD for your cruise could make for a different vibe. 
We were on Riviera fir a few weeks this past January/February and will be on Marina from mid October to early December this coming autumn.

BTW both ships are in fine condition. It’s just their turn to get the Oceania NEXT interior makeover, which was initially focused on the four “R” (Regatta Class) smaller ships. 

Agree that they are pretty much twin ships.

What we did find different is the spa hot tub area.  On Marina it was two traditional smallish hot tubs.  On Riviera, it is one bigger hot tub with really nice water massage spouts that massage your neck or shoulders.  Therefore, all things consider if itineraries are comparable. would choose Riviera.

• Like 2

Riviera would have had its refurbishment in December. A pizza station (oven) is to be added to Terrace so don’t know if that would be done before the refurbishment for Marina.

I would choose Riviera for the newer interior.

Tubs are to be replaced with large walk-in showers in balcony cabins. If a tub is  important choose Marina.

Edited by Robjame
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Robjame said:

Riviera would have had its refurbishment in December. A pizza station (oven) is to be added to Terrace so don’t know if that would be done before the refurbishment for Marina.

I would choose Riviera for the newer interior.

Tubs are to be replaced with large walk-in showers in balcony cabins. If a tub is  important choose Marina.

Unless I’m having a senior moment, I have no memory of a pizza station having been added to Waves when we were on Riviera this past January.

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Unless I’m having a senior moment, I have no memory of a pizza station having been added to Waves when we were on Riviera this past January.

It is in the Upcoming  refurb

For aficionados of dining alfresco, there will be even more options to delight in. In addition to the leisurely seaside-inspired retreat that is the Terrace Café and the barbecue temptations of Waves Grill, a delightful Trattoria will feature an array of wood-fired pizzas, succulently grilled Italian specialties, tantalizing salads, and indulgent desserts every evening in a relaxed atmosphere caressed by sea breezes and dappled with moonlight. 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2022/OCEANIA+CRUISES+ANNOUNCES+TWO+MORE+BETTER-THAN-NEW+SHIPS+Riviera+and+Marina+to+Undergo+Stem-to-Stern+Re-Inspiration+in+2022+and+2023+Rebuild+Will+Yield+1%2c210+New+Suites+and+Staterooms+and+Transformed+Public+Spaces/

• Like 2