Railway Trail in a Wheelchair?

GRBlizz

We will be in Bermuda on a Celebrity cruise in October. My husband uses a power wheelchair. We love to walk/roll, and I noticed our ship has a nature trail excursion. I assume we can't do that, as the transport from the Dockyard to the trail would not be able to accommodate his chair even if the trail would. But is there any segment of the trail that can accommodate his chair? We could take an accessible taxi to get there. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 hour ago, GRBlizz said:

We will be in Bermuda on a Celebrity cruise in October. My husband uses a power wheelchair. We love to walk/roll, and I noticed our ship has a nature trail excursion. I assume we can't do that, as the transport from the Dockyard to the trail would not be able to accommodate his chair even if the trail would. But is there any segment of the trail that can accommodate his chair? We could take an accessible taxi to get there. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It is 18 miles and not continuous so I have only been on small sections. The parts I have seen I don't think you could use a power wheelchair but all the sections are different. if you manage to find an accessable taxi the driver would probably know. When we had a group member who used a power wheelchair we had difficulty finding an accessable taxi but that was 10 years ago and we did end up finding  one.  She needed one with a lift as she could not get out of the chair. There may be more now. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1