Adding person to booking

sheriday1980

I can't find this exact question posted - apologies if this has been answered!

I booked 2 rooms for 3 people - me, my husband, and my 4 year old daughter. We definitely paid the single supplement (it was actually more than 2x the single fare!).

We suddenly thought of a friend who might want to go with us and I'm not sure if it's too late to add a person to the room with only one person booked in it.

Has anyone tried this? If it's going to add onto the single supplement we already paid I think we'd pass, but if we could do it essentially for free we'd consider it.

Thanks!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

No way to know for sure other than by calling.  I think if there is availability, you can add them and the whole cabin will be repriced at today's rate.   

I don’t think that’s necessarily true.  I booked a cabin for a TA as a solo, paying the double rate.  When I added my sister, it only cost the taxes, etc.  EM

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I don’t think that’s necessarily true.  I booked a cabin for a TA as a solo, paying the double rate.  When I added my sister, it only cost the taxes, etc.  EM

I think the real question is how long after booking did you add a person ?  It looks like very often, people are booking under a certain offer code and then are trying to add more people at the same "deal" they got, when the deal is actually over.

3 hours ago, sheriday1980 said:

If it's going to add onto the single supplement we already paid I think we'd pass, but if we could do it essentially for free we'd consider it.

Go in and do a mock booking for the exact cabin category you have booked, only adding the other person.  That will give you an idea.  It might work out to be a better price in the long run.

I cruise solo and added a friend one time.  She would have only had to pay the taxes, but we ended up switching to a Cheers rate which was a better deal; ended up only paying about $70pp for Cheers under that new rate.

I just recently added my mother to a solo booking of mines. Since I was already paying the double rate they just added her on with the taxes and fees for her. The cruise is now 1000 dollar more than what I am paying. 

Edited by Darlee50
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Same thing for me too, I added my husband a couple of months after booking what I thought would be my first solo cruise and only paid the taxes.

• Like 2