Printing a thread

I haven't done this in a while but sometimes if there was a long thread I would print (a print version) it out and read it away from the computer. I do not see that option anymore. Has it been removed?

15 hours ago, broberts said:

Yes.

Most browsers can print web pages. The results are generally less than satisfactory.

Yes. I can print it but there used to be a button that converted the thread to a “reader”  version  that filtered out the ads and other superficial stuff. 

2 hours ago, MICHE99 said:

Yes. I can print it but there used to be a button that converted the thread to a “reader”  version  that filtered out the ads and other superficial stuff. 

Yes, the button has been removed. As far as I know there is no CC facility to provide a more printer friendly version.

One can highlight the posts of interest and use the browser print feature, setting it to print selected material only. Far from satisfactory, but it is what is.

One can use a smart phone or tablet for reading. With some browsers there is a feature to download pages for offline viewing. In Chrome tap the down arrow on the right of the page address (url). This will download the page for offline viewing. To view the page run Chrome, select Downloads from the menu (3 vertical dots on right), tap the file name.