What hair tools work on carnival ships?

haehaehaley

Recently on the Sunshine my dyson hair dryer and ceramic curling iron did not work in the cabin outlets. 
I did not have this problem on the Sunrise or the Freedom just a few months ago. 
I’m going on the Mardi Gras in December and I’m worried I’ll run into the same issues.

Does anyone know what hair dryers and curling irons will definitely work on the ship?

I agree that it varies by ship.  I have been on 5 different ships in the past year (Mardi Gras, Radiance, Miracle, Breeze, and Sunrise).  The only ship I had an issue on was Mardi Gras.  My curling iron had worked on all the other ships, so when I was on Mardi Gras and the power light would come on, but it wouldn't heat up, I thought it had been damaged in travel and threw it away.  Then I read here that is a typical occurrence on Mardi Gras.  But my blow dryer brush DID work on Mardi Gras so I'm confused.

And the steam created from the same blow dryer brush set off the smoke alarm on Sunrise (that was quite the ordeal - ugh) but was fine on all the other ships.

Sorry, all that to say, in answer to your question, my Hot Tools blow drying brush worked on all the ships listed above.  My Conair Infinity Pro curling iron worked on all but Mardi Gras.

I use a travel size hair dryer (still ample wattage just not as high as a big one that is 1700-1800 watts) and a "normal" curling iron - metal not ceramic.  Plus I have the Revlon curling brush blow dryer (gives gentle curls AS it dries).

All of these have worked on all the ships I have been on.

I would be willing to bet it is about how many amps/watts you are trying to pull with it as to if it will work or not.