Papeete Cruise connection to Flight

nzstuart51

We have a cruise booked for March/April 2023 which terminates in Papeete. Scheduled arrival time is 7.00am. The one and only flight to New Zealand and Australia, this day is scheduled to depart at 9.00am. The next flight is two days later! We would dearly love to book the same day connection but we are very conscious of the tight time frame involved.

I am presuming we will not need to clear customs and immigration when we debark in Papeete as we would already have entered French Polynesian territory with visits to Raiatea, Moorea and Huahini in the three days immediately before arriving in Papeete, and if my presumption is correct, this would be one major stumbling block out of the way. Further, we would willingly debark the ship with all of our luggage.

From previous experience, I believe the taxi travel time from the port to the airport is less than 30 minutes.

Do any experienced travellers have any comments on the above scenario?

Cheers

nzstuart51

Are you on Wind Spirit? We were going to get off in Moorea on the day prior so that we were could get the midnight flight home. The gal in customer service onboard let us know that the Wind Spirit would actually dock at 9:00pm and we would be able to disembark there. She even arranged a taxi to meet us at the dock. Your 9:00am flight should be no problem.