Distance from LAX or Embassy Suites LAX to NCL port

jjkandlak

Am doing the 12/18 to 12/23 NCL cruise to Cabo and Ensenada on Norwegian Joy out of LA. Have a Hilton hotel free night voucher and plan to come in a day early to stay at Embassy Suites LAX. NCL informed me that unless I'm purchasing the room through them I can't use their transfer from the Embassy to the ship. Any idea of the distance to the port? Plan to take an Uber or cab if needed. Thank you!!!!!

I believe there are two of those.  What about using the free shuttle for the hotel to return to the airport and using the shuttle from the airport?  I did that in 2019 and stayed in the ES on the South side of the airport (there's also one on the North side, I just checked).

Hint - you can use Google Maps to get directions and distances.  Uber should also allow you to estimate the fare.

17 minutes ago, RickDu said:

Try to fly into Long Beach if possible, it's a lot closer to the pier and probably not nearly as busy/loud.

But depending on your home airport it may require 3 flights to get there, and a quick search indicates that would be the case from Indianapolis including a couple with some LONG layovers (like, get a room in a nearby hotel long).

3 hours ago, jjkandlak said:

Am doing the 12/18 to 12/23 NCL cruise to Cabo and Ensenada on Norwegian Joy out of LA. Have a Hilton hotel free night voucher and plan to come in a day early to stay at Embassy Suites LAX. NCL informed me that unless I'm purchasing the room through them I can't use their transfer from the Embassy to the ship. Any idea of the distance to the port? Plan to take an Uber or cab if needed. Thank you!!!!!

Last October I flew in to LAX the night before, took the hotel shuttle back to Terminal 2 (per the NCL rep's instructions) the next morning, and took the NCL transfer to port. So it is allowed, but it might depend on which rep you talk with. I did not book the flights or hotel through NCL, just the airport -> cruise port transfer (and the cruise, of course).

Waiting around for the bus and then waiting in the bus until it's sufficiently packed with humans to be sent on its way... for my next cruise out of LA I went back to using Lyft. It's more expensive for a solo like me, but worth it.

Can you use your Hilton credit at a Doubletree? There's a Doubletree in San Pedro with a shuttle to the cruise port. Head over to the West Coast Departures forum to learn more about it and about transportation options: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

• Like 1

We never discuss "how far" in So Cal, we always refer to "how long" (as in timewise) and our answer differ depending on time of day, day of week and sometimes time of year.

The Embassy Suites LAX is fine. The DoubleTree San Pedro is fine. Frankly I'd rather use the Embassy Suites free shuttle at LAX and order an Uber to the hotel the next morning than having to hassle with the Uber set up at LAX to get to the DoubleTree San Pedro. Using Uber at LAX requires a shuttle ride to a secondary location, which is a hassle.