British Isles London to Bergen

MICHE99

5 minutes ago, MICHE99 said:

Does anyone know when we leave Scotland and how early we dock in Bergen? I am wondering if we will see much of the fiords or if we will be traveling through them in the dark?

According to MVJ, on our September BIE cruise we leave Shetlands at 5 pm and arrive in Bergen at 8 am. 

On our last cruise to Bergen, I got up as soon as the sun started to rise (about 4:30 am), bundled up and sat on the balcony to watch as we went up the coast of Norway. It was a highlight of the trip for me. Our cabin was on the starboard side, which was perfect. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Twitchly said:

According to MVJ, on our September BIE cruise we leave Shetlands at 5 pm and arrive in Bergen at 8 am. 

On our last cruise to Bergen, I got up as soon as the sun started to rise (about 4:30 am), bundled up and sat on the balcony to watch as we went up the coast of Norway. It was a highlight of the trip for me. Our cabin was on the starboard side, which was perfect. 

Great. I’ll check my cabin. This says we have a full day in Bergen. That’s great. Then staying one night can accomplish my desire to see the fiords. 

on a side note ….. what is MJV.

6 hours ago, MICHE99 said:

Does anyone know when we leave Scotland and how early we dock in Bergen? I am wondering if we will see much of the fiords or if we will be traveling through them in the dark?

The Bergen coastal area is very scenic, and worth the early rise as described by @Twitchly. However, if you decide that you like what you see there, consider a Norway cruise that hits one of more of the big fjords - Hardangerfjord, Sognefjord or Aurlandsfjord. They are breathtaking. The example below is from the Aurlandsfjord, on the way to a small town called Flam. Enjoy your trip! 🍺🥌

image.thumb.png.df9940b2bf5c2c516ee2d163d1779682.png

• Like 4

11 hours ago, formernuke said:

MVJ. My Viking Journey (the website to access your trip once you’ve booked)

MVJ is a must use.  Go to www.myvikingjourney.com and enter your booking number.  Then bookmark the site because you are gonna use it a lot.  This is where all the Pre-Travel Requirements are located, where you complete the Guest Information Form, you reserve specialty restaurant days and times, book spa treatments, reserve excursions, manage your Viking air reservation.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Twitchly said:

Just checked. We have an aft cabin.

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

Then you might consider heading up to the Explorer’s Lounge in the wee hours. The view should be wonderful from there.

Great idea. Thanks for the tip. 

8 hours ago, JerryInIL said:

The excursions for BIE show a flightseeing tour of the fjords near Bergen.  I thought I read somewhere there were also private boat tours (Viator?) of the fjords.  

In 2019, we took the Rodne cruise below - very pleasant trip, unfortunately the weather was "normal Bergen" - pouring rain. A good fit for half a day - leaves from the wharf right downtown, about 20 minute walk from the ship. 🍺🥌

https://rodne.no/en/fjordcruise/fjord-cruise-to-mostraumen/

• Like 4

12 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

In 2019, we took the Rodne cruise below - very pleasant trip, unfortunately the weather was "normal Bergen" - pouring rain. A good fit for half a day - leaves from the wharf right downtown, about 20 minute walk from the ship. 🍺🥌

https://rodne.no/en/fjordcruise/fjord-cruise-to-mostraumen/

We took this cruise inApril. Luckily, no rain! Highly recommend. 

On 8/7/2022 at 3:09 PM, Twitchly said:

Then you might consider heading up to the Explorer’s Lounge in the wee hours. The view should be wonderful from there.

Great idea. Thanks for the tip. 

When can we see the details of the itinerary on the Viking website? Wanting to understand how much time we have at each port while I’m researching activities. Does anyone who did the London to Bergen route have that information?

54 minutes ago, MICHE99 said:

When can we see the details of the itinerary on the Viking website? Wanting to understand how much time we have at each port while I’m researching activities. Does anyone who did the London to Bergen route have that information?

On my payment receipt the itinerary was listed on the last page, including each port and the time there. 

3 hours ago, MICHE99 said:

When you log in to MyVikingJourney.com, look at your calendar. Each day will show port arrival and departure. 

1 hour ago, Twitchly said:

When you log in to MyVikingJourney.com, look at your calendar. Each day will show port arrival and departure. 

@Twitchly, my MVJ calendar does not show port times - on either the "daily" or "summary" pages. It may be because I'm outside the PIF date, but I think this may be a recent change to the system. Hope it comes back! 🍺🥌

4 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

@Twitchly, my MVJ calendar does not show port times - on either the "daily" or "summary" pages. It may be because I'm outside the PIF date, but I think this may be a recent change to the system. Hope it comes back! 🍺🥌

Hi CurlerRob and Twitchly. This has been confusing me of late, both in the cruise we just cancelled and in our new British Isles Explorer cruise. But I have worked out that if you swap from daily view to the summary page and back, the port times often appear. I just trialed this for 3 ports at a time and it worked - but the earlier ones disappeared. I know - sounds silly and may be coincidence, but I can always eventually find the times🤔🤪

54 minutes ago, pmfne said:

Hi CurlerRob and Twitchly. This has been confusing me of late, both in the cruise we just cancelled and in our new British Isles Explorer cruise. But I have worked out that if you swap from daily view to the summary page and back, the port times often appear. I just trialed this for 3 ports at a time and it worked - but the earlier ones disappeared. I know - sounds silly and may be coincidence, but I can always eventually find the times🤔🤪

Thanks, it was worth the try, but still no joy on two different browsers. I have a vague memory that others have run into this - in any event, the data is all on the Guest Statement. 🍺🥌