Opinions please on the legality of P&O's T&Cs

MX-Drew

On 8/8/2022 at 3:43 PM, MX-Drew said:

I did think that may be the case but at the same time that means any supplier could get out of any situation just by changing T&Cs which I also find hard to believe.

Sometimes cruise lines work under laws which are not UK but a foreign country relating to where a ship is registered.

Regards John

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2022 at 3:47 PM, terrierjohn said:

Think about it, if youre correct then when covid hit the cruise lines would not have been able to amend their T&Cs to enable cruises booked under the old terms to be moved as freely as they have been.

I think the Covid-19 would come under some sort of force majeure clause relating to extraordinary circumstances beyond their control.

Regards John

Most companies which offer a refund do so on the basis that you may have it in cash for a limited time and only where a product is faulty.  Refunds therefore tend to come as a credit type arrangement. In terms of restricting a cruise refund I suspect the problem relates to the time being near sail date. Changing from a world cruise to a weekend in Bruges would be  a kind of way to get cash back so probably unacceptable to the cruise line.

Regards John

• Haha 1