Southern Caribbean Water Temp in Late October &early November

Craxe77

Cruising in later October into November and was curious about the water temp in Aruba, Curacao and La Romana. I watched a video that mentioned cooler currents coming from the north but I don't think he grew up in Northern New England where the water is always cooler. Can anyone share their experience with the water temps around that time? My wife is looking forward to beaches and snorkeling. 

22 minutes ago, Craxe77 said:

Cruising in later October into November and was curious about the water temp in Aruba, Curacao and La Romana. I watched a video that mentioned cooler currents coming from the north but I don't think he grew up in Northern New England where the water is always cooler. Can anyone share their experience with the water temps around that time? My wife is looking forward to beaches and snorkeling. 

https://www.seatemperature.org/caribbean-sea#:~:text=The water of the Caribbean,°F) throughout the year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craxe77 said:

Aruba and Curaçao in the far southern Caribbean have reliably warm water year round - ranging from 81 to 84 F. La Romana in the north has somewhat cooler waters - with January/February lows of 78 or 79 F,  generally 81-83 the rest of the year. In October-November you can be fairly certain of at least 81.

Edited by navybankerteacher
  • Like 2

It will be relatively warm at those locations still at that time of the year. Or at least not a noticeable enough change. Plus if it’s a warm and muggy day, a “cooler” refreshing ocean dip could be pleasant! 
I’ve been through the Caribbean and Gulf in December and water was still very warm at different places. Coolest I’ve felt was at the Bahamas this past March at CocoCay when it was about 70° temperature and the water was about the same temp, and there was a strong wind. Still was warm enough once getting in the water to enjoy it, though, and that’s North Atlantic water, not Caribbean. 

• Like 1