Best time to visit

catty

For most people not living in Hawaii, the weather is great all the time. Locals say its not as good in January and February...wetter, a little cooler (lower 70s instead of mid 80s, F.). But, again, most people not living there don't think that is too bad. 

There is no "low" season in Hawaii. The "shoulder" season is October and November up to just before Thanksgiving, then the first two weeks of December. Those will be the cheapest and least crowded, relatively speaking. But that is very relative.

• 1 month later...

Having traveled to Hawaii numerous times, I would say, go when your schedule allows it.

Each season has its own pluses and minuses.  Jan/Feb are a little wetter.  Whale season is Dec-March.  Tourist season starts in January and ends in December.  Fishing is better in summer.

On 8/11/2022 at 6:02 PM, catty said:

What do you think is the best time to visit Hawaii? Crowds, weather, airfares? 

Are you asking about cruising or in general? Which island? For Maui I'd go November to March, avoiding the holidays, because that is whale season. For Kauai we like fall (Sept-Nov) or spring (Mar-Jun). Hawaii Island we avoid summer because the area we like (Kohala/Waikoloa) can be very hot. For Oahu, anytime is great.

Airfare is all over the place, midweek is usually cheaper than Fri-Sun.

• 2 months later...

The best months to visit are January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November, December followed by June, July and August.  Agree, there are no "bad" months.

There is a reason Diamond Head is a lush green in the winter and brown in the summer. The winter months could indeed be wetter and will be a little "colder" (relative term). January and February are peak whale months.   The summer months tend to be hotter and more humid.  You'll typically see less rainfall April-September.

We lived in Hawaii for 20 years and I've been going back every January/February for the past 22 years.  I like to go in the winter because the weather at home is so awful that time of year it makes Hawaii that much nicer!