Question re: Flying into Miami for Fort Lauderdale hotel and cruise departure with HAL transfers

Euby

Has anyone used the HAL provided transfer/shuttle from Miami Airport to a Holland America pre-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale?  What was your experience like?  

I know that there are cheaper options available.  However, for my set of circumstances, it is better to take a non-stop flight (which means Miami).  I've reviewed posts in the Florida Departures, but I'm wanting a more HAL-specific answer.

Thanks!

We always fly into Miami non-stop but we stay at a Miami airport hotel first night. They all have shuttles and we Uber or taxi next day to the cruise. The Miami airport also has a hotel right on the property. We did the HAL transfer to the MIA airport once but never from the airport. We found it's less hassle and less expensive to go on our own. 

• Like 1

We astayed overnight at Miami no star motel, and took an Uber to the cruise port at 11am rather than wait until 2pm on our hotel allocated shuttle . Uber is good value, and provided timely and courteous service.

Edited by Aitchgeye

I guess that I wasn't very clear.  The cruise is out of Fort Lauderdale.  The pre-cruise hotel offered by HAL is in Fort Lauderdale.  (Miami not available).  The transfers page shows Miami to Fort Lauderdale.  I would like to know people's experiences that have used the HAL supplied transfer from MIA to the Ft Lauderdale hotel.

I know that I can get my own hotel in either Miami or Fort Lauderdale and take an Uber.  However, traveling solo with a mobility device made that experience more stressful than I want.  Been there, done that, would like to avoid it in the future.