Princess Transfers from LHR airport to their cruise terminal

This has probably been asked but I can't find it.

About what time does the Princess shuttle start taking people from LHR airport to their Southampton cruise terminal? Where are the pickup points and/or do they go to all terminals?  Is there just 1 shuttle at a certain time?

I would like this information before I make airline reservations.

Thank You for any information!

If you are purchasing  transfers from Princess, they will meet you unless you are arriving at zero dark 30. Their transfers are based on a demand basis, not a schedule.  If, for example,  they know they have 5 pax arriving on one flight at 7:30, and 20 people spread across 3 flights around 8:30, they will provide transportation across those times. Of course there will be a cutoff time relative to when they know you can make the ship.

On the other hand, I would strongly NOT recommend arriving the day of sailing. Risky. Plus London is a wonderful city, you should get over your jet lag why enjoying London. 

All cruise transfer coaches call at all Heathrow terminals (except T1, which no longer exists).

Normally there are at least two cruise line agents in the arrivals hall of each terminal with Princess boards - when a coach has been called up, one agent leads passengers to the coach.

I don't know whether things have changed but when I used to drive cruise transfers, coaches were scheduled to be at Heathrow coach park at 8am & the first coaches called forward by about 8.30. 

Depending on the total number of passengers, there are usually two & sometimes three coaches circulating at the same time. Most passengers can expect to be on a coach within about 20 minutes of entering the arrival hall but the coach may trawl other terminals.

Each coach is usually full after 2 or 3 terminals, it's released to travel to port, and another coach called forward.

Cruise line transfers are expensive (Princess less expensive than most), but the system is both slick and flexible, pretty quick & easy for passengers.

I think the coaches run til about 1.00 - 1.30pm, but later if a flight is delayed. 

Drive time to Southampton is about 90 minutes in normal traffic.

Coaches don't normally stop en-route, they go from the last airport terminal direct to the cruise terminal (no chance of buying wine en-route or at the cruise terminal).

Most coaches have a bathroom, I think Princess is one of the cruise lines which insist on one.

BTW most coaches are contracted from various Southampton coach operators.

If yours is sign-written Princess - no, your cruise line doesn't have its own coaches. One of the coach operators is also called Princess.

JB 🙂

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, gsmith2424 said:

Does anyone have an update on how visible the reps are at the airport? We are coming into T2 (says near Caffè Nero) and doing the transfer.

Reps will be uniformed - probably the uniforms their ground handler, but with Princess badges or boards and very easy to identify.

When you exit the baggage hall you'll pass thro customs (unless a customs officer stops you, you probably won't even know you've been through) and into the Arrivals Hall. 

Most greeters will be clustered right where you enter the arrivals hall, but Costa Coffee I think is at the right-hand end, an uncrowded part of the hall - much more civilised. 

No worries

JB 🙂