So, have YOU brought alcohol on board NCL?

Stunt

Tried to bring alcohol on board?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Tried to bring alcohol on board?

• No, I play by the rules
    • Yes, but it was confiscated
    • Yes, and I enjoyed it all week long

Alright

I've Probably Been Reading These Threads For A Total Of Three Days And This My Conclusion And/or Advice. We Will Be On The Majesty 3-18 For Our First Ncl Cruise. We Are Not Prudes Or Alcoholics Just People On Vacation That Wish To Have A Drink In Our Room. We Have Sailed Many Cruise Lines And Have Always Taken Alcohol On Board. After Reading All This (stuff) I Feel As I Need A Vacation. We Ordered A Bar Setup. Basicly To Eliminate The Worry Factor. The Prices Are A Bit Higher ,but I Would Do The Same Thing. I Will Try To Take Some On Just To Test The Water For Future Ideas, But Feel It Will Be Hard As It Will Be Spring Break. The Folks That Call It Smuggling Probably Drive 70 In A 55 Speed Zone And See Nothing Wrong With It. I Also Speed Sometimes, So If I Get Cought I Pay The Fine Or In This Case Turn Over The Alcohol. Most Of Us Break A Rule Now And Again So Don't Be Critical That You Don't Smuggle. Our Bar Setup Was Easy And The Lady E-mailed Us Right Away With Conformation. I Also E-mailed Her Again To Add On To The List Yesterday With A Very Cheerful (no Problem).

I Also Feel The Cruise Prices Have Not Inflated As Fuel Prices Have Gone Up. So Enforcing The No Alcohol Rule May Be A Way Of Offsetting The Cost. But.... With Every Cruise Line Having New Ships Built That Cost Millions They Are Making Plenty Of Money. I Personally Like Rccl's Idea Of A Consumption Fee. You Buy It Duty Free Then Add 10.00, Still Cheaper Than Buying It In The Store. That Idea Eliminates The Heated Disscusion On This Thread.

Thanks To All Cruise Critis Members On Good Info And Ideas On All Topics. Thanks For Leting Me Say My Two Cents Worth. Lets All Just Get Along, Everyone Should Have It This Bad.

I'll Send A Report After Our Cruise. Go Vols

RCI changed the consumer rule about 6 months ago. In fact several RCI loyalist said they intended on leaving RCI for this reason: I doubt they will or did, but it wasn't a popular move. Celebrity doesn't allow purchasing of booze to be taken to your room either. The liquor policiies, I think, are all changing. More will start following NCL; I wish it was visa versa, but my brain says I am dreaming. NMNita

ok maybe im stupid...... ok i am , anyway , if you can bring on a bottle of wine and pay a corkage fee why couldnt they charge you a set fee (twistage fee?) for bottles of hooch? after all they wont allow bar set ups on the pride of america or the poh. many restaraunts here in chicago ,and from what i have read quite a few in hawaii ,let you bring bottles of wine in to consume and charge a fee. which i am fine with if it is a vintage they dont handle or if they just dont have an adequate wine list. and there are restaurants here that have no liquor license that will allow you wine and booze for a fee. so i guess im stymied as to why they only charge for the wine and nix the booze?

I personally have never...but my teenagers are pros. They have baggy clothes for one thing and the caps are now plastic so the detectors do not go off. My advice... bring the duct tape.

Last year we sailed on the Dream with my Aunt and Uncle. My Uncle had every intention of getting on the ship and buying a bottle of rum to take to his room like he had been able to do on the last cruise he had taken (don't remember which line). Of course on NCL that is not possible. We really felt bad for him as he is a BIG rum and coke drinker so when we went to Cozumel my DH and I stopped in the liquor store and asked the person working in the store if my husband could see which sized bottles would fit in the pockets of his shorts. LOL, he walked rather funny getting up the ramp onto the ship but you should have seen the look on my Uncle's face when we stopped in their room to empty out his pockets. :)

Last year we sailed on the Dream with my Aunt and Uncle. My Uncle had every intention of getting on the ship and buying a bottle of rum to take to his room like he had been able to do on the last cruise he had taken (don't remember which line). Of course on NCL that is not possible. We really felt bad for him as he is a BIG rum and coke drinker so when we went to Cozumel my DH and I stopped in the liquor store and asked the person working in the store if my husband could see which sized bottles would fit in the pockets of his shorts. LOL, he walked rather funny getting up the ramp onto the ship but you should have seen the look on my Uncle's face when we stopped in their room to empty out his pockets. :)

Cute story and I am sorry for your uncle, but all lines have now stopped allowing you to purchase in the duty free shops and take it back to your cabin. I say all, I don't know about Carnival, but RCI has stopped it. this went into effect about 6 months ago. NMnita

Archived