Charleston Hotels...park and cruise with port shuttle?

rrraydon

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone else looking for a park and cruise hotel close to the port that also offers shuttle to and from the port, here’s the best deal I found. The same place I stayed 10 years ago when I sailed on the Fantasy!😂 

Hampton Inn West Ashley is 7.5 miles from the port. To stay for the one night pre-cruise, leave the car, breakfast and a shuttle to and from the port: $275  

You have to call to book in order to get the cruise parking package.

Edited by rrraydon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rrraydon said:

For anyone else looking for a park and cruise hotel close to the port that also offers shuttle to and from the port, here’s the best deal I found. The same place I stayed 10 years ago when I sailed on the Fantasy!😂 

Hampton Inn West Ashley is 7.5 miles from the port. To stay for the one night pre-cruise, leave the car, breakfast and a shuttle to and from the port: $275  

You have to call to book in order to get the cruise parking package.

Their regular nightly rate is about $120, so it seems they are charging about $150 for the parking during the cruise - which would cost you $147 if you parked at the cruise terminal for a week.  It might be worth checking other places for the night before the cruise which might be more convenient for enjoying Charleston.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up booking at the Holiday Inn Express Charleston on Savannah Rd. It’s not far from the port. I wanted to be able to park at the port when we head out so that when we get off we can just start heading home and we won’t have to wait on a shuttle and then drive to the hotel.
Also, the total cost of the hotel and parking at the port is the same price as booking the park and cruise hotel with the shuttle.

Edited by rrraydon

On 9/11/2022 at 10:38 AM, navybankerteacher said:

Once more:  there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Well, I’d enjoy a free lunch. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Also, I received a free lunch at work a few does ago…so. 

Edited by rrraydon
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Was it something you might have been willing to pay your own money for at a restaurant if your own money was involved?

I think regardless of my answer, your answer will be some negative response of an argumentative fashion. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 9:41 PM, jennas_mum said:

Just booked the Holiday Inn Charleston on Savannah highway for our 10 day in Dec. It was $182.40 and included transportation to and from the port and parking.  Thats cheaper than just the parking. Was surprised at the price.

That’s a great deal!!

My stay for the 5 days, with the 5 day parking, was $250. You got a great deal!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/13/2022 at 9:41 PM, jennas_mum said:

Just booked the Holiday Inn Charleston on Savannah highway for our 10 day in Dec. It was $182.40 and included transportation to and from the port and parking.  Thats cheaper than just the parking. Was surprised at the price.

Did you have to call hotel or did you book on site. I don’t see it listed

On 1/27/2023 at 10:13 AM, GAMOMOF2 said:

Did you have to call hotel or did you book on site. I don’t see it listed

I booked it online. It's the one at 1943 Savannah Highway. If you go to the website click in the top under offers. The cruise package is in there. When we told them our daughter was going to pick us up and we only needed to park the car there, they changed our rate to $114 and then charged us $50 for parking so saved a little money that way. 

It was a  pretty nice hotel with a good breakfast. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2022 at 2:32 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Their regular nightly rate is about $120, so it seems they are charging about $150 for the parking during the cruise - which would cost you $147 if you parked at the cruise terminal for a week.  It might be worth checking other places for the night before the cruise which might be more convenient for enjoying Charleston.

I was pricing the Hampton Inn & Suites online. Before I hit confirm, I called the hotel to ask about cruise parking. They told me there was no additional charge and just to let them know when I checked in. There was nothing needed to be done as far as booking a special cruise and park rate or anything like that. I then booked it online - got a 1 bedroom King Suite for three nights for $720 including all taxes and fees. Includes the breakfast buffet. I also paid a bit more to book the semi flexible rate which is fully cancelable within fI’ve days of our stay. If we find anything better, we can easily make the switch. But the other hotels I found, were either less expensive but had terrible reviews (I’m looking at you, La Quinta!) or were more expensive, or didn’t offer the cruise parking and would have been more total once I included the extra cost of parking at the port.