Ontario CA Airport

music

Our flights for our upcoming cruise has been booked through Princess. They have changed them many times already, not a surprise with airlines being as they are. The latest change is leaving post cruise from Ontario CA. There have been many hours changing flights they made changes to including the one they made having my friend leave at 7 am the day the cruise ends!
Any experience with this airport? We had planned on getting an Uber together to LAX, but looks like that might not happen

Edited by music
Info

Ontario is about a 35-45 minute drive from either cruise port.  It’s a relatively easy drive on weekends, especially early morning.  It is much smaller than LAX so it is easy to manage.  

hope this helps. Any other specific question, just let me know…

Ray

• Like 1

I’m guessing it will be an Uber ride to San Pedro? Is there a pay shuttle available?

I just looked up the airport and see a shuttle. Hoping that is still available in October. We will call them..

57 minutes ago, music said:

I’m guessing it will be an Uber ride to San Pedro? Is there a pay shuttle available?

I just looked up the airport and see a shuttle. Hoping that is still available in October. We will call them..

I'm a little bit confused.  Are you talking about transportation to ONT at the end of your cruise or transportation from ONT before your cruise?  Either way, I don't think there is scheduled shuttle in either direction.  If you booked your flights through Princess, they might have a shuttle going to the Port and then back to the airport after the cruise.  Princess should be able to tell you that.

I'm assuming (which might be a mistake) you are sailing the Mexican Riviera.  If you are, I hope you have a terrific cruise.  We have done that itinerary many times.  Anymore, we don't even get off the ship because we have been to the ports so often.  For us, the ship is the destination.

Ray

3 hours ago, rfkeith10 said:

Ontario is about a 35-45 minute drive from either cruise port.  It’s a relatively easy drive on weekends, especially early morning.  It is much smaller than LAX so it is easy to manage.  

I think this person is confusing Burbank (BUR) with Ontario (ONT). Ontario is at least an hour, maybe more from San Pedro. It is 60 miles away. 

ONT would be the LAST airport in So Cal I'd use. 

Make Princess find flights from LGB, BUR, SNA or LAX, not ONT.

• Like 1

If you do leave out of ONT post cruise what time is your scheduled flight?  It's not that close as others have said and weekend traffic in So Cal is often bad, especially going inland.  As far as the airport itself it's nice and a smaller airport that's really easy to navigate and much less crowded than LAX. But coming from San Pedro it's probably the least convenient of our airports to have to travel to post cruise. 

Edited by JeffT237

We love flying into Ontario CA airport, family is 20 minutes away. However wouldn't do this on the day of the cruise because of traffic to LA. Sometimes from Fontana to LA area it takes 45 min. to an hour, but your talking taking a five lane highway at 70 plus an hour, one accident and you could sit there two or three hours. EZair isn't always easy, they have us coming in the day of with only five hours and their transfer from LAX and I'm nervous.

6 hours ago, music said:

My friend is scheduled to leave from there after the cruise at 1 pm. this is the 4 th change the airline has made, including having her leave at 7 am the day the cruise gets back, twice!

If the air is through EZ-Air, your friend should demand it be changed to BUR, LAX, SNA or LGB. They should not be using ONT.