Sailing from Barcelona 22nd August 2022

Ralph25

Hi everyone i am new to this board, I feel quite confused as to whether we need a covid fit to fly/cruise certificate for our upcoming cruise this monday!

We have been told by cunard that we only need to sign to say we have taken a covid test and that we are negative. But it also says that we need to find out what our embarkation ports rules are! can anyone help?  

We have purchased a 2 couple of test where we are supplied with a certificate to say we are covid free, hopefull this will be enough?

any help much appreciated

Assuming you are not in Spain at the moment, there are two sets of rules to follow.

First  -  The entry requirements for the country that you will board the ship  

Second - Cunard requirements to board the ship.

For the second  Cunard now only need passengers to confirm that have taken a test and it is negative.

For the first,  passengers need to confirm what, if any rules need to be followed to enter Spain. 

As always Cunard web site is as clear as mud.

If from the UK check 

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain/entry-requirements

Edited by Poole Boy
Add FCO link

Not to make this too confusing but I have read that current policy for Spain is when boarding a cruise ship in Barcelona that, if the cruise is 9 days or longer, you must have a negative covid test taken within 2 days of boarding.  I was under the impression that, under new guidelines,  as long  as you were vaccinated and current with your boosters, you would be able to board without taking the covid test to board.

I'm in the US if this makes any difference but I don't think that makes the requirements any different (?).

Anyone boarding in Barcelona within the next few days / weeks have any experience with the requirements?

I know  this is constantly changing and we are getting really tired of all this but best to know beforehand and avoid any surprises at embarkation.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/14-PreCruiseRequirement-All-US_CAN_UK_AU_NZ.pdf

Assuming it is correct, this Viking document was updated on August 12th.

The info for Spain doesn't seem to matter what you do after arrival, and is quite clear.

The only difference I've seen elsewhere was transit passengers not leaving the airport were exempt, which obviously doesn't apply if you travel from airport to docks.