Ships captains and entertainerment

Does anyone know who the captain is on Discovery and Discovery 2?  Also who is  the  resident entertainment group?

At the moment we can't make our mind up which cruise to book - we are nearly at the dip dip dip stage!

Hi Dronnygirl.

Genuine enquiry here. I can understand your enquiry regarding the entertainment groups but why would the identity of the captain carry any weight regarding which cruise you choose?   Are there some dodgy ones?😳

• Haha 1

We were on Discovery 2 in July and resident band were the Four Tunes who were excellent as was the whole entertainment team and shows for the little time we were able to see them 😅

Who the the captain of the ship was, I haven,t a scooby

19 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

Sounds just like our local bus driver, he’s a happy chap as well.😂

Interesting analogy.  What's the food and entertainment like on your local bus?.

I don't know if it's the same on Marella but other cruise lines have their own 'bands' but the personnel differ so there could be different versions of the Four Tunes.

G

Not sure what you mean by different versions of the Four Tunes.Different version would be akin to a tribute act

On all the cruises on Marella dont think I,ve ever witnessed a different version of a resident band.They tend to be contracted  for a season if not longer eg 3 months,6 months but happy to be a corrected as I,m no expert on their contracts

1 hour ago, gsgbrumuk said:

Interesting analogy.  What's the food and entertainment like on your local bus?.

Non existent  but that is nothing to do with the driver.😂😂

Edited by Brummijam

Sailed Discovery in middle of June, the Captain was Chris Douglas.  The resident band I think they were called Muzzik Unlimited.  There were two girls who were the resident piano players, a guitarist called Keiron?, there was another band wh we saw a couple of times in the live room too.   

3 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

G

Not sure what you mean by different versions of the Four Tunes.Different version would be akin to a tribute act

Another line has a resident band called Pulse.  Which somehow seems to have different members on different ships.

16 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Must agree with that but we still rate 2Intense as our favourites. 

Yes Maris & Tomas are very good. Still keep in touch with them. I have been on cruises when 2Intense and the TopMen have been on the ship together and wishing I could be in two venues at the same time. Usually listened to Topmen first then up to Horizons to see Maris & Tomas later. Then we would all sit in Horizons when they had finished their sets and chat till late. Miss those days.

• Like 4

They are a great duo, we were fortunate to see them on the first cruise they did for Thomson and many more since but the most memorable for us was our Golden anniversary which happened to coensided with our fiftieth cruise and Thomson picked this up and made it a very special cruise for us many years ago now, sorry but I had to say it. 😊

• Like 2

Ah that's lovely PC.  We've got some great memories of cruises , personally my favourite was 2018 on Discovery to Iceland. I can still see the sail out of Flam, Norway on a very warm sunny day and Braximusic singing by the pool.  Would love to know what happened to them.

On 8/20/2022 at 7:44 AM, dronnygirl said:

Ah that's lovely PC.  We've got some great memories of cruises , personally my favourite was 2018 on Discovery to Iceland. I can still see the sail out of Flam, Norway on a very warm sunny day and Braximusic singing by the pool.  Would love to know what happened to them.

Braximusic split up some time ago. Max went off to do his own thing. Brandi went through a very difficult time but thankfully she is well again. She moved back to the US and she is getting married soon to a lovely man named Troy whom she had been friends with years ago. 

Andy Boyd is the captain of D2, did a week's cruise last week, it was an eventful one! He handled a man overboard call very well, thankfully it turned out to just be a fishing buoy that one of the crew had spotted. Everyone had to go to their muster stations though to check no one was missing, and one of the lifeboats was deployed to search the waters whilst the ship did an abrupt turn.