Disembarkation

Hopefully this question hasn’t been asked countless times before. 

I'm looking at a cruise for 2023 with late departing flights home. 

I’ve not cruise with Tui for a number of years but back in the day you could stay onboard until your transfer took you to the airport. 

Is this still the case? I know with NCL, Cunard etc they require the ship to be completely empty of pax before allowing now pax to board. 

thanks. 

20 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

Hi Ged. On all of the Marella cruises that I have been on we were allowed to stay onboard and use all of the facilities until you disembark for the airport.

Regards.

Sounds good to me. 
Some decent stay & cruise packages out there just now. 

You can stay on the ship until your transfer to the airport, so typically about 3 hours before flight time. But you do have to leave the cabin earlier (Unless you pay extra). A secure location will be made available to store hand luggage and if there is time you can go ashore to visit locally.

59 minutes ago, Jim The Scot said:

We were 11-00 am for 11-30 am pick up BJ but that was due to circumstances 😉

Hope you are both fully recovered.👍

My other half has just returned from a weeks coach holiday to Weymouth and bought back Covid so it’s still very much out there.🤷‍♂️😷

Brummijam (we're probably not far from each other).  Wishing your other half a speedy trouble free recovery.

We have paid for a 'day' cabin with other lines but this is our first time on a totally flight/cruise linked package. We are due to disembark in Port Lauderdale and fly from Melbourne to Birmingham which I assume will be an evening flight.

1 hour ago, gsgbrumuk said:

Brummijam (we're probably not far from each other).  Wishing your other half a speedy trouble free recovery.

We have paid for a 'day' cabin with other lines but this is our first time on a totally flight/cruise linked package. We are due to disembark in Port Lauderdale and fly from Melbourne to Birmingham which I assume will be an evening flight.

Thanks👍 Much appreciated.

There’s a couple of videos on YouTube featuring Melbourne airport apparently Marella is the biggest operator using it. I assume that you will be on the Dreamliner, if so it’s worth paying for extra legroom seats in my opinion.😉

Keep well.

Edited by Brummijam

You have to vacate your cabin around 8am then you can use all ships facilities , they did used to offer a cabin that you paid for you to use until pick up . Or cabins were made available for usually 30 - 60 minute slot so you could get changed , showered etc . This was free and have known pick ups to be as late as 6pm

8 hours ago, Brummijam said:

There’s a couple of videos on YouTube featuring Melbourne airport apparently Marella is the biggest operator using it. I assume that you will be on the Dreamliner, if so it’s worth paying for extra legroom seats in my opinion.😉

I'll have a look on YouTube. When I had a quick look on one of the flight tracker sites they currently seem to be using 787s.  Appreciate your advice.  Although not particularly tall we have booked for Premium Economy as DW does suffer with leg muscle pain when travelling long distances, even in the car.  We have flown TUI Dreamliner back from Barbados to Brum on a different line.

14 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Hope you are both fully recovered.👍

My other half has just returned from a weeks coach holiday to Weymouth and bought back Covid so it’s still very much out there.🤷‍♂️😷

BJ

We are dinky doo now and hope your other isnt feeling too bad and gets over it soon

11 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Thanks👍 Much appreciated.

Keep well.

Watched a number of YouTube vids on Melbourne as we,re flying their for our American Cruise/Stay next year.As its a smallish airport although still expanding its very quick through security and luggage collection with friendly staff.TUI have there own dedicated area and lounge for Premium passengers.Also,apparently you collect your luggage before security

We are flying on the Dreamliner and splashed out on Premium seats this time.Last time we had the extra legroom seats which were situated in a section at the back of the plane

• Like 1

She’s fine Jim.

Complaining about how difficult it is to wash up pots and pans in the bathroom sink, doesn’t appreciate that I have to carry them upstairs from the kitchen.😜😂😂

We came home on the Dreamliner from Barbados and had extra legroom seats and it was pretty good, On another trip I was having mobility problems due to a trapped nerve in my back so we went premium economy to Barbados and from check in to arrival at Barbados it was a very good experience.  I thought that the uplift in price was a bit steep but as needs must.🤷🏻‍♂️ As a special treat it can’t be knocked.

keep well.

• Haha 1

The Birmingham to Barbados trip was around £250 extra each bearing in mind that we had already paid for a seat in with the cruise price, also it was only one way as the ship bought us back to Southampton..

But hey ho, it was an experience.

My other half thinks its the only way to go if it’s available.🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 5:23 PM, Brummijam said:

The Birmingham to Barbados trip was around £250 extra each bearing in mind that we had already paid for a seat in with the cruise price, also it was only one way as the ship bought us back to Southampton..

But hey ho, it was an experience.

My other half thinks its the only way to go if it’s available.🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Would that be £199 for PE and £50 for regional supplement.

My other half thinks the same!

29 minutes ago, gsgbrumuk said:

Would that be £199 for PE and £50 for regional supplement.

My other half thinks the same!

Not quite sure how it’s worked out, We booked the trip online and then phoned TUI  to enquire about upgrading and they came up with that price.🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1