Is there a different menu in each of the MDRs?

BarbieGee

I am a first time Carnival cruiser and will be sailing on the Paradise in February 2023 with family. In looking at the ship's dining facilities I see that there are 2 dining rooms, the Elation and the Destiny. Are there different menus for each dining room?
Which dining room is preferable in your opinion?

4 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

I am a first time Carnival cruiser and will be sailing on the Paradise in February 2023 with family. In looking at the ship's dining facilities I see that there are 2 dining rooms, the Elation and the Destiny. Are there different menus for each dining room?
Which dining room is preferable in your opinion?

Both MDR's have the same menu.  You are usually assigned based on where your cabin is located. I have no preference

Edited by hapytobehr
  • Like 2

Menu is the same in both. Not much difference with one being more preferable, with the possible exception of feeling more vibrations in the aft dining room.

But note you generally don't have a choice in which one you go to.  For assigned time dining you're assigned to the same table in one or the other for the whole cruise. Anytime dining is only in one dining room, usually the lower level of the forward dining room.

Ah, thanks for this answer. On other cruise lines (Royal Caribbean and Norwegian) menus were different in each dining room. We had the choice, it was 'open seating'... first come, first served.  

12 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

Ah, thanks for this answer. On other cruise lines (Royal Caribbean and Norwegian) menus were different in each dining room. We had the choice, it was 'open seating'... first come, first served.  

been cruising with norwegian a lot lately and i noticed the main dinning room menus are the same and never was different. the only dinning room with a menu difference is with the specialty dinning places like the italain, and steakhouse 

40 minutes ago, shof515 said:

been cruising with norwegian a lot lately and i noticed the main dinning room menus are the same and never was different. the only dinning room with a menu difference is with the specialty dinning places like the italain, and steakhouse 

That is also correct on Royal ships, never seen a difference menu in Different MDR on Royal, I think she is getting the Specialty dining confused with MDR.

Fred

I don't think any mass market ship can handle completely different menus in two main dining rooms, simply from preparation purposes. (the reason, even the buffett is usually serving the same items during dinnertime)

3 hours ago, bguppies said:

I don't think any mass market ship can handle completely different menus in two main dining rooms, simply from preparation purposes. (the reason, even the buffett is usually serving the same items during dinnertime)

Most mass market ships are built with a single galley to service multiple MDRs.  That's why, for example, you (as a passenger) can't cross the ship front to back on the deck with the lower level dining room on most Carnival ships; the galley is in the middle of the two MDRs. 

Different menus would defeat the purpose of the common galley, or at least complicate its operation. 

6 hours ago, BarbieGee said:

Hmmm when did you last sail Royal Caribbean? The only ship that was true was on Quantum class when they first came out. Hadn't been that way in years. No Royal ship currently has what you're implying. 

Edited by kwokpot

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Hmmm when did you last sail Royal Caribbean? The only ship that was true was on Quantum class when they first came out. Hadn't been that way in years. No Royal ship currently has what you're implying. 

Royal Caribbean was my first cruise ever and that was 2003, on Majesty of the Seas. After that we cruised on Norwegian. The Pearl and the Sky. My last cruise was 2016 on the Sky. It could be that it was a specialty dining room that I was thinking of? (Indigo Room?) Great steaks!