3 day dining package - wine discount questions

Hello, the 3 day dining package works best for us so we don't pig out all over the ship (and we like the MDR)
2 quick question on the 40% wine discounts:

1.  For the 3 days scheduled - can you buy 40% discounted wine A. anywhere on board , B. any specialty restaurant on board, or C. specifically only the specialty restaurant you are sitting down at? Does anyone have experience with making the wine discount request at other locations ?
  2. I believe wine bottles can be stored if half used for later, but can you request a purchased bottle is not opened and bring it back to the stateroom?  

I am pretty certain you can buy the bottles at any specialty restaurant but not anywhere else.

I know you can purchase a bottle anytime one is open and bring it back to your room or take it out to one of the bars and pour your own.

It does not need to be opened at the restaurant before leaving.

Just returned from the Odyssey and you were able to purchase a bottle of wine from anywhere on the ship for 40% off as long as you have the package and reservations for that particular evening.  We did it all three nights we ate a specialty restaurant.