Strange NCL air notification from Air Canada

davencl

Just received an email from Air Canada that my flight schedule has changed.   Thought it was spam but then realized it was for my Jan13-27 2023 trip to Aus/NZ.  They changed the return date from Jan. 27 to Jan. 26, a day before ship debarkation.   Here's the strange part.  It's 150 days out.  I have received no notification from NCL about an air arrangement.  Final payment isn't until Sept. 17.   It's a valid reservation as the email from Air Canada has a confirmation number that works on their website.   I guess I just wait for notification from NCL.  Obviously a Jan. 26 flight doesn't work.  NCL must be working thru issues(At least I hope they are).

Edited by davencl

2 hours ago, davencl said:

Just received an email from Air Canada that my flight schedule has changed.   Thought it was spam but then realized it was for my Jan13-27 2023 trip to Aus/NZ.  They changed the return date from Jan. 27 to Jan. 26, a day before ship debarkation.   Here's the strange part.  It's 150 days out.  I have received no notification from NCL about an air arrangement.  Final payment isn't until Sept. 17.   It's a valid reservation as the email from Air Canada has a confirmation number that works on their website.   I guess I just wait for notification from NCL.  Obviously a Jan. 26 flight doesn't work.  NCL must be working thru issues(At least I hope they are).

Winter is high season for flights between Aus/NZ and Canada (Vancouver).   Air Canada flies into Brisbane, Sydney and Auckland as well as codeshare on the Air New Zealand flights.  A lot of Australians like to ski in Whistler and Canadian like to go to places that are warm in winter. 

I have always found Air Canada is very accommodating in fixing the booking to whatever you want when the made an adjustment that significant.  That said it should be NCL making sorting it out.

I have also received strange email from AC with strange flight date/times.  After calling, it turned out nothing was finalized in our flight ticketing, and we were told to ignore that, and wait.

Later on, our flight through NCL was not even with AC.

15 hours ago, Middleager said:

I have also received strange email from AC with strange flight date/times.  After calling, it turned out nothing was finalized in our flight ticketing, and we were told to ignore that, and wait.

Later on, our flight through NCL was not even with AC.

Thanks for confirming what I had assumed.

We also received a number of automated emails from Air Canada with flight changes prior to our recent Escape sailing, all prior to receiving any correspondence from NCL with flight information. When NCL finally sent our air confirmation, we signed into Air Canada and our flight had been completed cancelled! (They had been emailing us every few days to let us know about delays but never bothered to informed us of the cancellation?) 

We called NCL to let them know the flight was cancelled and they rebooked us on new flights within a few days - this time on nonstop flights, on ITA and Delta. 

It worked out in our favor, because everyone in our roll call who flew Air Canada had their luggage lost!!!

1 hour ago, gabbygal99 said:

It worked out in our favor, because everyone in our roll call who flew Air Canada had their luggage lost!!!

Toronto became number 1 in the world

for flight delays/cancelled, flights held to wait at tarmac, delayed/lost luggages

Air Canada and Westjet are the two biggest airlines in Canada, and obviously much affected.

We flew last Dec., this March and April, and things were fine.  Then the wheels fell off, five (5) times the travelers and they couldn't cope.  After lots of horror stories, AC cancelled 15% of upcoming flights. 

Just saw a news item saying Toronto is no longer number 1, but is number 2.  Still on top of the world.

2 hours ago, gabbygal99 said:

We also received a number of automated emails from Air Canada with flight changes prior to our recent Escape sailing, all prior to receiving any correspondence from NCL with flight information. When NCL finally sent our air confirmation, we signed into Air Canada and our flight had been completed cancelled! (They had been emailing us every few days to let us know about delays but never bothered to informed us of the cancellation?) 

We called NCL to let them know the flight was cancelled and they rebooked us on new flights within a few days - this time on nonstop flights, on ITA and Delta. 

Between Air Canada and the airport authority (who run the baggage system in Toronto) they have had a lot of problems with bags this summer.  Most of its looks to be associated with getting new people hired and trained.  They finally decided to step back and just cancel 15% of all their flight for the summer.  They have had less problems at the other hubs.   It has mostly been flights connecting in Toronto.

Hopefully they get back to the pre-COVID service levels.  They use to be quite good with bags.

Edited by em-sk

1 hour ago, MAC220251 said:

I am on the same cruise and did get the same message from Air Canada.   I did book on my own but if you have the Air Canada reference number and call them they will move you to January 28th.

This is exactly the right action to take.  Better to be proactive than sorry.  I wouldn't wait for NCL to fix the problem.