~*COME “GETAWAY” w/ us!*~ ***LIVE REVIEW***

drumexpert510

Good morning everyone! We are in GSC today and are about to tender over! Will be spending the day over at Silver Cove in a Villa. Today I will be answering the frequently asked question… “is it worth it”?!

If you have ever done the villas I would love to know your opinion. What did you like, what did you not? 

Following along and excited to read your reports!

We are on the Getaway September 12th, if the cruise actually exists! It's not on the Bermuda schedule so we can't apply for our authorization nor is it on the schedule of departures from Manhattan cruise terminal!

Anyway, loving your review and hope you have a fantastic time!

One question....do you know what night they serve prime rib in O'Sheehan's? 

TIA

32 minutes ago, drumexpert510 said:

Good morning everyone! We are in GSC today and are about to tender over! Will be spending the day over at Silver Cove in a Villa. Today I will be answering the frequently asked question… “is it worth it”?!

If you have ever done the villas I would love to know your opinion. What did you like, what did you not? 

We enjoyed having the Ocean Villa available for our use, shared the entire Cove with maybe 6 other who also had Villas. My only disappointment was I feel we missed out on the party atmosphere that was happening at the main beach

DSCF0646.JPG

DSCF0677.JPG

I'm going on the Getaway in 2 weeks.  Can you tell me if they still do the game Deal or No Deal and if so, how much is the game?  What parties are they doing at night now in the Spice H2.0.  Thanks

Hello hello! Sorry for not posting earlier as we were at GSC today from 7am-3pm and there is no internet or service there.

Here is the recap of the day so far. We had breakfast delivered this morning at 7am and was a good start to the day (side note: if in the Haven try the banana morning smoothie). Afterwards we were on a tender heading to GSC by 8am. We did have priority access BUT even general access was handled very well and there was not a line or wait A+++ to the team on board for that.  

The tender over was a little rocky but hey, it was a fun way to start the day! Once on the island we went to check into the villa over at Silver Cove. No line, no wait and straight on the cart over. Check in once at Silver Cove again was easy peasy! 2-3min tops! On to another cart to arrive at the Villa… WOW! We had the standard Villa and I can only imagine what the 1 and 2 bedroom ones are like (maybe unnecessary but maybe will find out one day). 

Please look through the photos below and sorry if they do not do it justice but just imagine being in a tropical paradise and HAVING AIR CONDITIONING!!! The experience was second to none, the staff was so attentive.  The lunch buffet in Silver Cove was empty, no lines and the food was out of this world!!! If you have the chance don’t skip on the Caribbean rum cake, pineapple upside down cake or the guava coffee cake. 

Beyond all of this… my favorite part of the day HANDS DOWN was the Moet & Chandon bar exclusive to GSC and Silver Cove. For years my favorite drink has been the Raspberry Guava mojito but today after maybe 10+ years I have a new favorite NCL drink, the Moet Strawberry Citrus Crush… get it, don’t think about it just do it!!! (Pictures below)

Now with all that being said I would like to touch on one point which could be a negative or positive depending on the experience you are looking for… Silver Cove was quiet and serene maybe 30-40 people TOTAL (you can see this in the photos from the Cove and lunch). If you are looking for a wild and crazy “party” atmosphere then this would not be the experience you are 👀 for. That can very easily be achieved by just taking a tender over and staying on the main beach. We heard “wooing and screaming” in the distance all day of people partying down at the Bacardi bar and DJ. If you are looking for a quiet, secluded and relaxing escape then jump all over this! 

All in all for what this cruiser is looking for… I couldn’t see experiencing GSC and NOT doing this again! It was worth the investment, especially if you have a small group to go in on it with you! 😎 

I included a few photos from the general beach area over on GSC. I wanted to get some of those to give a broader picture in case anyone reading is not looking for a Silver Cove experience. Also, I would like to note that we waited until the very last tender to head back to the ship at 3pm and there was no wait and we walked right onto the tender (just a note for anyone wanting to maximize their day and time on the island). 

Now… to get ready for Ocean Blue! 🐟 

FF0F0C54-7C08-4222-9EC4-4171BC263C0E.jpeg

E88588F6-C6F5-49EA-B34F-FA53A9D6641C.jpeg

285E4DC2-9D0B-427C-A9F8-FCFF3184E409.jpeg

9829B040-76F6-49B0-B55E-27C2430571EA.jpeg

2811208F-63E7-4C09-9526-DC275C154630.jpeg

CE947985-A1E1-4CB9-B0A3-DAD44A326E60.jpeg

EF1564DB-9F1F-491B-8DDF-426047C560A7.jpeg

000E488F-7D36-4367-B3EA-6FB22EAD56DF.jpeg

52651C2D-701B-4C06-AE89-3C067CD53489.jpeg

966FDDF1-01DC-405B-8924-F4E9EA391DCA.jpeg

26D6F865-0F1E-4F8A-AC4D-43101073A3CD.jpeg

3B336B78-2081-43DC-9905-CDCB1E4B5015.jpeg

15674BE0-5AD6-4CE6-B483-9200E38AD134.jpeg

4330B13C-45D9-4051-8A32-8BC79D518E3D.jpeg

49D7125B-EAB1-4007-B1B7-B9C9334507DF.jpeg

7B9792B8-C420-4F1C-8990-C93D7FA197A9.jpeg

0AE7E277-2966-4B26-AD91-D07A07238F48.jpeg

D65B2BDD-4464-429A-9307-8CCF37F2348B.jpeg

1EE662DF-F531-4193-B564-42BD4ED9997B.jpeg

2AA3EE12-7F63-4469-BC57-3306EB842E7E.jpeg

A55D2D5D-FF67-49AC-9A2E-9474ADA78757.jpeg

• Like 6

Thank you for all the wonderful photos, videos, and commentary. I am booked on the same cruise for October 22. I can't wait. This will be my 12th cruise on NCL (and 4th on the Getaway) and my first post-CV cruise. My last was in 2018 on the Escape.

Edited by GeminiBrian

Thanks for posting!  We are on the Getaway NYE sailing.  Do you have any info on the cabanas?  Are they in the middle of the "party" atmosphere or do you think it would be a little quieter there vs. the loungers?  Is the Silver Cove beach area open to all or is that only for Haven guests?  Enjoy your cruise!

11 hours ago, TenForward said:

Thanks for posting!  We are on the Getaway NYE sailing.  Do you have any info on the cabanas?  Are they in the middle of the "party" atmosphere or do you think it would be a little quieter there vs. the loungers?  Is the Silver Cove beach area open to all or is that only for Haven guests?  Enjoy your cruise!

The Cabanas are not in the Silver Cove area and are more over on the regular beach. Think half way between the two. 

No, Silver Cove is not open to anyone unless you have a Villa rented OR have a spa treatment ON GSC as the spa area is over in Silver Cove.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sheila77 said:

I would like to know if they have a martini menu?  I know the Breakaway has Shakers, but what does the Sugarcane Mojito Bar serve?  TIA....

Hello Sheila, there is a martini on board it is called Prime Meridian and is located between Cagney’s and Moderno. 

The Mojito bar will serve speciality Mojitos such as the Rasberry Guava mojito or the spicy pineapple just to name a couple. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TenForward said:

You do not need to be in the Haven to rent a villa. You can book in advance on your explore and plan section of your online account. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, drumexpert510 said:

Hello Sheila, there is a martini on board it is called Prime Meridian and is located between Cagney’s and Moderno. 

The Mojito bar will serve speciality Mojitos such as the Rasberry Guava mojito or the spicy pineapple just to name a couple. 

Thanks for the quick reply!! I also love mojitos, so I am excited to try them on board.  I am really looking forward to the Raspberry Guava mojito!! - But sometimes, a girl just has to have a martini :)) 

Have a great cruise!

Ocean Blue, I highly recommend the Scallops with Pork Bellies. I also had some sort of Fisherman's Platter, didn't sit well, food poisoning took me out till late next afternoon. The Wife had Iceberg Wedge which she was extremely satisfied with, and some sort of combo with Mussels that ended up being more like a soup, never touched it.....just our experience

• Like 1

Oh, your review is making me look at the villas. I'm going to GSC in a couple weeks on the Getaway and having a quiet area with 30 - 40 people around, versus the hundreds/thousands at the main beach sounds like perfection. I'm not sure your review is going to be good for my wallet, but thank you anyway!! 

Please tell me Janet is the Haven Restaurant host and will be there in two weeks. I know she won't remember us, but she was so kind and affable!!

8 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh, your review is making me look at the villas. I'm going to GSC in a couple weeks on the Getaway and having a quiet area with 30 - 40 people around, versus the hundreds/thousands at the main beach sounds like perfection. I'm not sure your review is going to be good for my wallet, but thank you anyway!! 

Please tell me Janet is the Haven Restaurant host and will be there in two weeks. I know she won't remember us, but she was so kind and affable!!

OMG. Janet is absolutely amazing. Hope to see her again the next time I am at Haven.

• Like 1

Ocean Blue last night was good. I had the Surf and Turf ($25 dining plan upcharge) and the filet was cooked to perfection and the lobster tail was a decent size. 

I love shrimp cocktail and the 3 tiger prawns were amazing. The tuna was good but asked for it “seared” and came out almost well done but they fixed it. The au gratin potato and mushroom risotto were ate very quickly. Service was great. The overall experience was good. I am just not a huge seafood fan so it’s never my favorite. 

A3CC35F4-EF9E-488E-ACF7-9BE9A4CD6546.jpeg

A6D43BDC-43E5-4FF8-A4BD-E943471C31C3.jpeg

63EE0AAB-7190-4D5A-9984-C4C832B3E01A.jpeg

68112472-5D49-4423-8ECF-42DA2D83DE76.jpeg

019391B3-FCBA-4D95-95B0-088B9220217E.jpeg

639B2900-3C6C-4B90-869E-D1764F9197CE.jpeg

89CAFDCE-E4A9-4752-9BDA-9705B057D2BF.jpeg

C0E0464B-CCDE-4152-8287-91FA89CE389F.jpeg

• Like 2