Western Caribbean.. Driving From New York

:confused: Hi, I would love to take a western cruise this summer. However, I do not want to fly and live in New York. What is a great cruise line for a family and driving distance from New York. Oh yea, a train would be fine too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Don't do Amtrak unless you plan to arrive at LEAST 2 days before the cruise leaves - Amtrak can be up to 18-24 hours late. . . .

NCL has a cruise to southern LEAVING from NYC - and RCL has cruises leaving from NJ [near Newark - Port of Elizabeth - even though they call it 'Cape Liberty,' - HAHAHA - when I lived in NJ NOBODY would try to glamorize Elizabeth!!].

Guess it depends how much $$$ you got [the NY/NJ departuires are all 10/11/12 day cruises] and how much time you want to spend driving instead of cruising . . .

NCL has a cruise to southern LEAVING from NYC - and RCL has cruises leaving from NJ [near Newark - Port of Elizabeth - even though they call it 'Cape Liberty,' - HAHAHA - when I lived in NJ NOBODY would try to glamorize Elizabeth!!].

Not that its a huge step up from the Port of Elizabeth but unless I'm way off base here "Cape Liberty" is the old Bayonne Navy Yards and not Elizabeth.

I thought it was in Elizabeth - right next to EWR airprot .. . .

ah - the aromatic and romantic evenings in Bayonne, NJ as you await departure . . . .

The view of NYC can be pretty, but, if you already live in NYC - it is not quite the site it once was!

I thought it was in Elizabeth - right next to EWR airprot .. . .

ah - the aromatic and romantic evenings in Bayonne, NJ as you await departure . . . .

The view of NYC can be pretty, but, if you already live in NYC - it is not quite the site it once was!

Ive taken my boat up there a few times and the view really is one of the nicest anywhere. Especially at night.

:confused: Hi, I would love to take a western cruise this summer. However, I do not want to fly and live in New York.

We live in New JErsey and have been taking cruises out of NY since 2000. Carnival goes to Canada (too chilly, even in the summer). We've taken the Carnival LEGEND 3 summers in a row to the Eastern Caribbean and LOVED it! Click here: Carnival Legend This summer we wil be going on our first Royal Caribbean and that leaves out of Bayonne, NJ.

Well on RCCL there are cruises to Eastern Carib and Bermuda from New York and Cape Liberty. And not TOO far away is this one from Balitimore, MD.

9-Day Caribbean from Baltimore, Maryland aboard Grandeur of the Seas

• Ports of Call: Baltimore, Maryland; Grand Bahama Island; Cococay, Bahamas; Key West, Florida; Cozumel, Mexico; Port Canaveral, Florida; Baltimore, Maryland
  • 2006: May 12 , May 26 , Jun 09 , Jun 23 , Jul 07 , Jul 21 , Aug 04 , Aug 18 , Sep 01 , Sep 15 , Sep 29 , Oct 13 , Oct 27 , Nov 10

Easiest way to do it, go to your search browser and type in "Cruises from New York", I found alot of them on many different cruise lines.

Trust me - RCL's 'Western' is Cayman, Costa Maya, Belize and Cozumel - you are NOT missing anything -

'Tis a matter of opinion. We did this itinerary on our last cruise and loved it.

It is nice that there are choices. That way we can all be happy.

Crown Princess is sailing Western Carib from the new cruise terminal in Red Hook, Brooklyn. We're RCI Diamond members but are trying out Princess so that we don't have to fly to FL. Their western route includes Turks and Caicos (cruise terminal just opened this week), Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Port Canaveral. We're actually doing the Eastern route that stops in Bermuda, San Juan and T & C.

Archived