Zuiderdam Questions

2Xayear

We leave next month for our first Zuiderdam cruise and have a few questions.

1. I notice lots of comments here about Soda Cards. It would seem that HAL has changed to a Soda Card that is no longer "unlimited" and instead offers the 20 for a price ($18.75). Can a recent Zuiderdam cruiser confirm that this is the case? If so, it makes sense to pre-order these new cards prior to departure.

2. I know there isn't self serve laundrey on board this ship and one has to send out laundry. How are the laundry prices?

3. Can one press a pair of slacks themselves, anywhere on the ship or must they to be sent out to the laundry for pressing?

4. My wife is fussy and prefers to wash her cottons and then hang to dry. It's probably unreasonable to expect HAL to do this too right?

TIA

It's been a while since we sailed the Zuiderdam, but on our most recent Zaandam and Prinsendam cruises the soda card has been for 20 sodas. This does give you a bit of a price break. I understand you can order them in advance by calling Ship Services.

HAL has a laundry special of $12 for all you can fit into the provided bag. It's not a bad deal. They also have an unlimited laundry and pressing package. I don't recall what the specific per-piece costs are.

There is no facility where you can do your own pressing. Irons are not allowed in the cabins for safety reasons. HAL does have a pressing service.

HAL won't hand wash for you, so far as I know. Since most ships have the retracible line over the tub, it will be easy for your wife to do her own things. Just take a small bottle of laundry detergent with you.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks Jim for the great info.

I don't want to give the wrong impression with my wife. She doesn't have a problem with machine wash, but prefers the "hang to dry" thing. :) Unless HAL will wash and return "damp"..she's going to be out of luck unless she does a DIY.

Bob

Archived