Charlottetown on ArriveCAN

etowntraveler

I'm trying to complete ArriveCan for a cruise whose first Canadian port is Charlottetown, but no ArriveCAN choice in the dropdown menu seem correct. Called ArriveCAN, my cruise line, and the port, but no one knows what I should select. Has anyone addressed this issue on ArriveCAN?

5 hours ago, etowntraveler said:

I'm trying to complete ArriveCan for a cruise whose first Canadian port is Charlottetown, but no ArriveCAN choice in the dropdown menu seem correct. Called ArriveCAN, my cruise line, and the port, but no one knows what I should select. Has anyone addressed this issue on ArriveCAN?

Interesting point, looks like you uncovered a small bug in the ArriveCan system.  When I do a mock ArriveCan submission, it does come up with the "Charlottetown Yacht Club" as the only selectable entry point. A quick look at Google Maps has the Yacht Club about 700 meters from the Cruise dock, so I would think you would be fine entering that. 

Also, the ArriveCan app does allude to situations that are similar:

If travelling by marine vessel other than a cruise ship

If you're travelling by a marine vessel other than a cruise ship, you must use ArriveCAN before or upon entering Canada. This is to accommodate for Wi-Fi issues on the water.

Most marine reporting sites are open. Please consult the Directory of CBSA Offices and Services for a complete list of open sites.

Note: If your precise travel details do not appear in the web or mobile app select any available option. This will allow you to continue to the next screen, complete your submission and enter Canada.

Yes, we're on a cruise ship, but if they haven't loaded the Charlottetown Cruise Port as an entry point, just use the closest point.