Explorer of the Seas Cabin 6214?

My husband & I were assigned cabin 6214 after opting for the deluxe oceanview guarantee option for this cruise. We cannot figure out what is next to our cabin! We even called RCCL, and they have no clue. They told my husband it is probably a room attendant's closet. We're just hoping that whatever it turns out to be isn't nosy! I'm also not too sure about the front of the ship. We've always had a mid-ship room.

It won't be noisy, whatever it is. They have done a superb job of soundproofing these ships! We've never sailed at the front, either, but our upcoming cruise we're far aft (not at the back, tho), so this will be a new experience for us as well. I'm suare you will have a wonderful trip!

I just looked at the layout...and it looks like a cabin steward closet to me.

We have been in rooms pretty close to the front (and also very close to the rear) before. We never noticed any problems with them at all. The up-side is that there is far less foot traffic. Because the only folks going near your room are your neighbors.

There are pros and cons to booking a "Guaranteed Outside"....when you have real concerns (like you seem to have) you might want to re-think booking your cabin this way next time.

When is your cruise? We will be on the Explorer on March 12th.

Archived