NCL Bliss Live Review 8/27/22 - 9/3/22 Lots of Pictures !!!

BennyBrun

1 hour ago, rjm11 said:

were your previous trips that were icier around the glaciers a different time of year? We were on the Bliss in early June and went to Dawes and there was TONS of ice floating in the water as we approached.

I always go to Alaska at the end of August the week before Labor Day.  Airfare is much more manageable than Labor Day weekend.

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

I used to live in Yellowstone. If a tourist thought they saw a bear, we'd tell them they saw a bear. So...if you saw something running on shore, you saw a bear!

Thanks for the photos! If you know the name, I'd be interested in knowing what glacier was on the port side of the ship as you were headed toward Dawes? 

That was at the entrance to Endicott Arm so when they say they are approaching that’s when you go see it!!

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, KermitClin said:

Are there any special offers to book another cruise while on board? Or is it the typical one cabin upgrade and CruiseNext offerings?

Stop the same … cruise next … 

1 hour ago, LATTELOVE said:

Wow!

Alaska is very beautiful.  

One day we would like to visit.

But for now we are enjoying this trip with you.

Thank you.

I agree with you on the food, we have traveled with Royal

Caribbean for over a decade, but the food on NCL

got them beat.  I love all the food presentation and

all looks very different than Royal.  Time to try NCL again.

I like Royal but I am not a loyal to royal kind of a person… you miss so much by not trying other lines!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

It has been over 25 years since we have been to Sitka.  Following along with you,  I think my wife and I are convinced that our next cruise to Alaska will include Sitka.  I had forgotten how much we liked it.  BTW I think you are doing an incredible job with your pictures and chronicling all that you are experiencing.   You may be able to claim a page on Guinness Book of World Records for the number of pictures you have taken.  You have gone above and beyond and thank you for your tireless effort you have put into this.

It’s the amazing Wi-Fi speed!!  I don’t need to perform different holding positions to get a signal … it’s jaw dropping!!!  Yes… definitely see Sitka … just prepare for rain and the chill!!!

• Like 1

Thank you for such wonderful post with so much information. We will be on the Bliss Sept 10th celebrating our parents 60th wedding anniversary! Did you notice if spa day passes are available on board or spa specials? If so, can you post? Your a gem and wealth of knowledge, we appreciate it! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rozsaschroeder said:

Thank you for such wonderful post with so much information. We will be on the Bliss Sept 10th celebrating our parents 60th wedding anniversary! Did you notice if spa day passes are available on board or spa specials? If so, can you post? Your a gem and wealth of knowledge, we appreciate it! 

Thank you.  Yes SPA pass is available onboard but during port days and there are specials … I don’t have any paper work because I threw them out but if you attend the spa raffle on the first day there is always a special for port days or off peak hours and it’s usually pretty decent.  I am not a fan of Mandara Spa and also spa on the ship because of the upsell during and after treatment… I get my SPA in on land 😆 I do like the thermal pass because it is a nice place to getaway from the Caribbean Cruise crowd!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

It’s the amazing Wi-Fi speed!!  I don’t need to perform different holding positions to get a signal … it’s jaw dropping!!!  Yes… definitely see Sitka … just prepare for rain and the chill!!!

Thanks for the excellent review! We sail Sept 10. Are you using ship's wifi to post all these pics or do you have good cell service in the different ports?

Thanks, Denise

Just catching up. Work has been getting in the way. 🙄

The scenery is amazing. It's on my bucket list but have to wait till DH retires. I'd want to go in summer and he works in tourism so can't travel then.

2 hours ago, Sundiego said:

Thanks for the excellent review! We sail Sept 10. Are you using ship's wifi to post all these pics or do you have good cell service in the different ports?

Thanks, Denise

The Wi-Fi on the bliss is amazing!  Best so far!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Just catching up. Work has been getting in the way. 🙄

The scenery is amazing. It's on my bucket list but have to wait till DH retires. I'd want to go in summer and he works in tourism so can't travel then.

Oh darn it … glad you are catching up!!  It’s a beautiful place to visit 

• Like 1

Icy Point

I only have the unlimited gondola ride booked for the red new section that opened 5/22 as my excursion.  It’s FREE after the credit.  The Green ride is free and takes you to the “touristy” section where Encore is docked today!

uploading videos first on the ride and then pictures later

• Like 2

So this trail was supposed to be self guided but apparently there is a bear situation where bears have been seen foraging in the area so now it’s a guided tour (still free) with a man carrying a gun and bear spray.  He pointed out the bear print in the mud … the sun is coming out … and we are making our way towards the hidden lake / cave 

55A04197-E471-489D-A1D8-FFF4086996DA.jpeg

5D897838-F337-474B-AA2D-593FDF8429FF.jpeg

0BBF5E61-6DA9-4682-AE36-31E3046D80E0.jpeg

D7893F3D-0A08-46AC-B5F8-4905149FF77E.jpeg

F198C9A2-D0A7-4403-A69E-ED7D3AFCBDBA.jpeg

E26C74EE-A2AF-4700-A15B-4E0295030621.jpeg

32ACC985-8E0E-4824-96B3-F88700501CBA.jpeg

07598253-AC20-48CA-A23C-996A4DE51452.jpeg

68BE5983-E38C-4545-BB80-329BB4202A22.jpeg

76F0688D-0DEF-44E9-BFD6-C1EE4B19F6DE.jpeg

21F1EB20-C60E-443C-A4F7-B74262C93D81.jpeg

143028EE-38D1-4E69-8A3D-3A1348DC62A9.jpeg